Covestro AG, SABIC And Evonik Industries AG are Dominating the Market for Global Polycarbonate Sheet Market in 2017

Europe Polycarbonate Sheet Market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR in the forecast period 2018 to 2025. The new market report contains data for historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.Access Full Report: https://databridgemarketresearch.com/reports/europe-polycarbonate-sheets-market/

The global polycarbonate sheet is market highly concentrated to a few big players and rest to local players who cater to domestic markets only. Covestro AG dominated the polycarbonate sheet market accounting for a highest market share in 2017, followed by SABIC and Evonik Industries AG other players in this market include are Arla plast ab, dott.gallina s.r.l., Koscon Industrial S.A, Brett Martin Ltd, Işık Plastik, AGC, plazit polygala, MITSUBISHI GAS CHEMICAL COMPANY, INC, Trinseo., DS Smith, Palram Industries Ltd., LG Chem, LOTTE Chemical CORPORATION, UG-OIL-PLAST LTD., Spartech LLC, SUZHOU OMAY OPTICAL MATERIALS CO.,LTD., 3A Composites GmbH among others.

Covestro AG:

Established in 2015 and headquartered in Leverkusen, Germany. Covestro AG is engaged in the manufacturing of polymers and high performance plastic. The company operates through six business segments: Polyurethanes, Polycarbonate, Coating, Adhesives, specialties and other segment. Polycarbonate sheet products are offered under the Polycarbonate segment. It offers polycarbomatr sheet under Makrolon brand name in which company offers various product such as Markolon polycarbonate sheet. These products have wide applications in automotive, construction, cosmetic, transportation, electronics, health, and other industries.

The company has strong geographic presence in EMLA, NAFTA, and APAC. The various subsidiaries of the company are Shanghai Baule Polyurethane Technology Co., Ltd (China), CleanTech NRW GmbH (Germany), Covestro Polimer Anonim Sirketi (Turkey) among others.

  • In March 2018, Covestro AG (Germany) launched two new polycarbonate products at International Sign Association (ISA) Sign Expo. These products are used for various applications like dynamic digital display, and signage applications.

SABIC:

Established in 1976 and headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. SABIC is engaged in the manufacturing and distribution of chemicals, polymers, agri-nutrients, and metal products worldwide. The Saudi Arabian government holds 70% shares of the company and the remaining 30% are publicly traded on Saudi stock exchange. The company has four functional areas; Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. Polycarbonate sheet falls under the petrochemicals segment. It offers LEXAN Solid Sheet, LEXAN Thermoclear Sheet, LEXAN Corrugated Sheet products which have wide applications in automotive, Mass transportation, electrical & electronics, industries, agricultural, building and construction, healthcare, packaging, consumer, building and construction and other industries.

The company has its geographic presence KSA, China, Rest of Asia, Europe, America, Others. The various subsidiaries of the company are Hadeed (Saudi Arabia), National Methanol Company (Saudi Arabia) among others. The company is ISO 9001 certified.

  • In July 2018, SABIC (Saudi Arabia) introduced LEXAN, MARGARD and FHC10 sheet in NPE 2018, booth S19001. It is the latest addition in company’s automotive finishing portfolio. This advance technology provides stringent visibility, and strength to its product.

EVONIK INDUSTRIES AG:

Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Essen, Germany. Evonik Industries AG is engaged in the production of specialty chemicals. The Company operates through following business segments: Nutrition & Care, Resource Efficiency, Performance Materials and Services. Polycarbonate products are offered under performance material segment. The company provides various products such as EUROPLEX PPSU sheets, EUROPLEX F sheets, EUROPLEX GV sheets, EUROPLEX O sheets. These products have applications in aircraft, automotive, electrical and other industries.

The company has strong geographic presence in USA, Germany, China, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, UK, France, Italy, and Brazil among other regions. Evonik Industries is a member of European Catalyst Manufacturers Association (ECMA), the Drug Chemical & Associated Technologies Association (DCAT), and the American Chemistry Council (ACC) among others. Subsidiaries of the company are Evonik Chemicals Ltd., (UK), Evonik Degussa GmbH (Germany), Evonik Functional Solutions GmbH (Germany), Evonik Brasil Ltda. (Brazil) among others.

  • In February 2018, Evonik Industries AG (Germany) participated in the HAI HELI EXPO. As a full service provider of PLEXIGLAS Sheet and EUROPLEX for the aviation industry. The company presented UV-IR blocker for air craft industry.