Global Athletic Footwear Market By Product Type (Insert, Sports Shoes, Hiking Shoes, Backpacking Shoes), End-User (Men, Women, Kids), Distribution Channel (Store Based, Non-Store Based), Price-Based (Premium, Mid, Economy), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Athletic Footwear Market
Global athletic footwear market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 96.10 billion by 2026, registering a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market value can be attributed to rising health awareness, changing consumer lifestyle and technological advancements.
Market Definition: Global Athletic Footwear Market
Athletic footwear includes those shoes that are developed for sports and other outdoor activities. They are shoes that are specially designed for each different sport including basketball, baseball, tennis etc., and also include shoes designed for walking, running, hiking, gym etc. Tailor-made and lightweight athletic footwear is also gaining the attention of consumers.
- The rising awareness about the health benefits of sports and fitness activities which can help in reducing the risks of various illnesses like depression, diabetes, obesity etc, drives the growth of this market.
- The growth of the retail e-commerce sector worldwide
- Changing consumer lifestyle and rise in the level of disposable income of consumers
- Increasing awareness about the importance of using right type of shoes in order to prevent muscle injuries, leg injuries, knee pain, hip pain, and back pain, thereby stimulating the demand for athletic shoes
- Technological advancement helps companies to manufacture quality shoes in less time
- The development of new and innovative shoes, including customized and light weighted athletic footwear drive the growth of this market
- Rising prices of raw materials hampers the growth of this market
- Growing levels of geriatric population against the reduced younger age group of populace is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Rising prevalence of fake and brand copied athletic footwear products
Segmentation: Global Athletic Footwear Market
By Product Type
- Aerobics Shoes
- Athleisure Footwear
- Running Shoes
- Walking Shoes
- Sports Shoes
- Baseball Footwear
- Basketball Footwear
- Soccer Shoes
- Tennis Shoes
- Cricket Footwear
- Other Sports Shoes
- Hiking Shoes
- Outdoor/Rugged Footwear
- Trekking & Walking Boots
- Seasonal Boots
- Specialty Boots
- Mountaineering Boots
- Backpacking Shoes
- Approach Shoes
- Hiking Boots
- Technical Shoes
By Distribution Channel
- Store Based
- Shoe Stores
- Discount Shoe Stores
- Sports & Athletic Goods Stores
- Mass Discounters
- Department Stores & Chains
- Specialty Apparel Stores
- Off Pricers
- Non Store Based
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2018, SIGNA Sports Groups took over and acquired, the online pioneer in athletic shoes and sportswear, Stylefile, thereby deliberately further expanding its e-commerce portfolio. SIGNA Sports Group would now be able to reach a large customer base especially across Europe.
- In March, 2018, VF Corporation announced that they had agreed to acquire Altra, an athletic and performance based footwear brand from ICON Health & Fitness. This purchase of the Altra brand would help VF Corporation to expand and reshape their product portfolio of powerful brands, thereby leading to maximum customer satisfaction.
Competitive Analysis: Global Athletic Footwear Market
Global athletic footwear market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of athletic footwear market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Athletic Footwear Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the athletic footwear market are Nike, Inc., Adidas AG, SKECHERS USA, Inc., New Balance, ASICS Corporation, PUMA SE, VF Corporation., K-Swiss., Wolverine World Wide, Inc., Converse, Under Armour, Inc., WOODLAND WORLDWIDE., Saucony and TBL Licensing LLC amongst others.
Research Methodology: Global Athletic Footwear Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure