Global Biobanking Market, By Product (Equipment, Consumables ), Services (Software), Type Of Biobanks (Population-Based Biobanks, Disease-Oriented Biobanks), Sample (Human Tissue, Cell Line, Nucleic Acid, Blood Products), Application (Clinical Research, Regenerative Medicines, Life Science, Therapeutic) , Geography (South America, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia-Pacific)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Biobanking Market
The Global Biobanking Market is expected to reach USD 9127.3 million by 2025, from USD 5312.192 million in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 7 % during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Biobanking Market
Biobank is nothing but the repositition or library which is used to store biological samples for research purposes. It plays an important role in storage of wide array of biospecimens like DNA samples, plasma, blood and saliva. It is also used in biomedical research. Researchers use a wide range of samples for multiple research purposes. The wide ranges of samples are placed in Biobanks on the basis of some categories such as gender, blood type and age. It keeps record of health and individual’s information. BARC Biobanking has sample storage facilities for its customer to save samples for further testing when new information becomes available on the pharmacodynamics (PD) or pharmacokinetics (PK) of the drugs. Specialized logistics and FDA approved system. August 2017, TTP Labtech Ltd, Cambridge, UK, a global leader in the design and development of automated instrumentation and consumables for life science applications collaborated for further develop reagent kits for the quantification of secreted proteins in multiplexed screening assays with Abcam plc, a global innovator in life sciences reagents and tools.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing geriatric population.
- Increase in number of diseases.
- Various researches in biological fields.
- Government initiatives, advancement in drug discovery.
- lack of standardization
- Costly techniques.
Market Segmentation: Global Biobanking Market
- The global biobanking market is segmented based on product type, service, type of biobanks, application, samples and geographical segments.
- Based on product type, the Market is segmented into equipment and consumables.
- On the basis of service the market is segmented into software.
- On the basis of type of biobank the market is segmented into population-based biobanks and disease-oriented biobanks.
- On the basis of application of biobank the market is segmented into clinical research, regenerative medicines, life science and therapeutic.
- Based on geography the market covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, , South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Key Developments in the Market:
- July 2018, scientists of UK Biobank revealed that they found sample eye test that could identify those at greater risk of developing dementia before symptoms even occur.
- In 2009, the Horsham sector of Novartis Global Discovery Chemistry started a project with TTP Labtech to develop a system to automate sample analysis, connecting remote medicinal chemistry labs to instruments in a central analytical laboratory.
August 2017, TTP Labtech Ltd, Cambridge, UK, a global leader in the design and development of automated instrumentation and consumables for life science applications collaborated for further develop reagent kits for the quantification of secreted proteins in multiplexed screening assays with Abcam plc, a global innovator in life sciences reagents and tools.
Competitive Analysis: Global Biobanking Market
The global biobanking markets highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as storage banks, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global biobanking market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
June 2018, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.( Waltham, Mass. and Sarasota, Fla. ), signed agreement under which Thermo Fisher will acquire Gatan, Inc., subsidiary of Roper. Gatan is one of the leading manufacturer of instrumentation and software used to enhance operation and performance of electron microscopes. By this acquisition Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. will expand their business in future.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Biobanking Market
Some of the major players operating in the global Biobanking market are ProMedDx LLC, ASKION GmbH, Hamilton Company, PHC Holdings Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., QIAGEN, Cell & Co Bioservices, VWR International. LLC, LVL technologies GmbH & Co, Greiner Bio One International GmbH, Firalis S.A., RUCDR infinite biologics , Brooks Automation, Inc., Worthington Industries, Modul-Bio, LabVantage Solutions. Inc, Tecan Trading AG, TTP Labtech, Excilone SARL, Ziath Ltd, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Biobanking Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Researchers, Surgeons, Medical consultants, Hospital buyers, Group purchasing organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical payers, Healthcare authorities, Universities, technological writers, Scientists, Promoters and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product managers, Marketing managers, C-Level executives, Distributors, Market intelligence, Regulatory affairs managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global biobanking market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- All segmentation provided above is represented in this report at country level. All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)