Market Analysis: Global Biodegradable Mulch Film Market
Global Biodegradable Mulch Film Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 41.69 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 77.05 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.98% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing demand for crop production is driving the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Biodegradable Mulch Film Market
Biodegradable mulch film is the material that is obtained from plants and animals which is usually used for maintenance of soil, to stop the soil contamination and weed control. They reduce the level of herbicides in the farms. These days they are widely used in crop production, which is the major factor fuelling the growth of this market. It is expected that due to the increasing demand for quality food worldwide; biodegradable mulch market will expand tremendously.
- Increasing demand of biodegradable mulch film for agricultural purposes is driving the growth of this market
- Increasing R&D investment by many organizations is driving the market growth
- High installation cost is restraining the growth of this market
- Less availability of mulch film is restraining the market
Segmentation: Global Biodegradable Mulch Film Market
- By Raw Material Type
- Polylactic Acid (PLA)
- Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)
- Starch Blended with Polylactic Acid Aliphatic Copolymer (CPLA)
- By Biodegradable Plastics
- Thermoplastic Starch (TPS)
- Aliphatic-aromatic Copolyesters (AAC)
- Controlled Degradation Masterbatches
- By Application
- Strawberry Crops
- Flowers & Plants
- By Sales of Channel
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2018, IMMER Ukrplastic plant announced the launch of their new biodegradable mulching film which is an eco-friendly solution specially designed to meet the need of modern agrarians and is 100% degradable. The main aim is to enhance crop production and develop better agricultural plants.
- In June 2015, Repsol's Chemical Business along with Advanced Enzyme Science Limited (SAWS) announced the launch of their new range of polyolefins for agriculture based on cutting-edge biotechnology. This new film will prevent the need to remove the film from field after the harvest and will prevent the harmful environment impact which is caused by conventional films.
Global biodegradable mulch film market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares biodegradable mulch film market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the biodegradable mulch film market are BASF SE, Kingfa SCI. & TECH. CO., LTD., BioBag International AS, RKW Group, AB Rani Plast Oy., Novamont S.p.A., RPC bpi group, Yifan Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, AEP Industries Inc., Grupo Armando Alvarez, Dow, Zhejiang Hangzhou Xinfu Pharmaceutical Industry Co., Ltd., Dubois Agrinovation, Robert Marvel Plastic Mulch LLC., Barbier Group, Saurya Poly Pack.
Research Methodology: Global Biodegradable Mulch Film Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete Market analysis and forecasting
- Market Definition, understanding the concept of biodegradable mulch film
- Market Drivers and Restraints of the industry
- Market Segmentations and market share divided amongst them
- Key Players in the market and their analysis