Global Biomarker Technologies Market, By Test Type (Solid Biopsy, Liquid Biopsy), By Product (Consumables, Instruments, Services, Software/Informatics), By End Users (Hospitals, Ambulatory Centers, Clinics), By Profiling Technology (Immunoassay, PCR, Imaging Technologies, Mass, Spectrometry, NGS, Other Profiling Technologies), By Application, By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East And Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Biomarker Technologies Market
The Global Biomarker Technologies Market is expected to reach USD 89.47 billion by 2025, from USD 31.81 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 13.8% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015 & 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Biomarker Technologies Market
A biomarker is a characteristic that is objectively measured and assessed as an indicator of normal biological procedures, pathogenic procedures or pharmacological responses to a therapeutic intervention. Biomarkers are the trials that are used to perform a clinical assessment like blood pressure or cholesterol level and are used to monitor and predict health states in people or across populations so that appropriate therapeutic intervention can be planned. The ideal biomarker have the following features such as they are safe and easy to measure, cost efficient to follow up, modifiable with treatment and consistent across gender and ethnic groups. For disease detection and treatment follow-up Biomarkers play a vital role. It has been observed that because of various technical difficulties in current technologies for the detection of biomarkers, the potential of biomarkers are not explored completely and this is the reason why the developments of technologies, which can allow the accurate recognition of prostate cancer in the initial stage with simple, experimental protocols are highly inevitable. Application of biomarkers and the associated enabling technologies have been progressively increasing its importance within the field of drug discovery and development. Talking about the applications of biomarkers technologies, they have the potential to speed up the time frame at multiple stages in the drug discovery and development pipeline, as well as to allow early documentation of targets with relevance to disease processes or early deselection of drug candidates with less than optimal pharmacological properties and target.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing diagnostic applications of biomarkers
- Increasing R&D funding for pharma and biotech companies
- Increasing number of CROs and low cost of clinical trials in developing countries
- High prevalence of cancer
- High capital investments and low cost-benefit ratio
- Poorly suited regulatory and reimbursement systems
- Technical issues related to sample collection and storage
Market Segmentation: Global Biomarker Technologies Market
- The global biomarker technologies market is segmented based on test type, product, profiling technology, application, research area and geographical segments.
- Based on test type, the market is segmented into solid biopsy and liquid biopsy.
- On the basis of product, the market is classified into consumables, instruments, services and software/informatics.
- On the basis of profiling technology, the market is segmented into immunoassay, PCR, imaging technologies, mass spectrometry, NGS, chromatography, cytogenetics and other profiling technologies.
- On the basis of application, the market is classified into biomarker identification, validation & development research and routine biomarker-based tests.
- The biomarker identification, validation & development research are further segmented on the basis of products into consumables, instruments, services and software. The routine biomarker-based tests are also further segmented on the basis of products into consumables, instruments, services and software.
- On the basis of research area, the market is classified into genomics, proteomics, metabolomics and other research areas. The metabolomics market segment is further sub segmented into metabolic flux, lipidomics and others.
- Based on geography the global biomarker technologies market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others. In 2017, North America is expected to dominate the market.
Key Developments in the Market: Global Biomarker Technologies Market
- Recently a microfluidic capillary immunoassay platform for fast and highly sensitive measurement of biomarkers has been developed by the Bioanalytical Microsystems Laboratory at IMTEK (Institute of Microsystem Technology). This micro-ELISA system combines microfluidic capillary channel (immobilization cell) where the primary antibodies are coated covalently with an electrochemical detection system.
Competitive Analysis: Global Biomarker Technologies Market
The global biomarker technologies market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of biomarker technologies market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Biomarker Technologies Market
Some of the major players operating in the biomarker technologies market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Healthcare, Agilent Technologies, Shimadzu Corporation, Waters Corporation, Roche Diagnostics, Qiagen N.V., Illumina, GE, Biomérieux SA, Merck & Co., Abbott Laboratories, Becton, Biomarker Technologies, Inc., Dickinson and Company, Danaher Corporation, Myriad Genetics, Sysmex Corporation, Hologic, Quest Diagnostics among others.
Research Methodology: Global Biomarker Technologies Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global biomarker technologies market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- The report includes the complete segmentation displayed above across all above mentioned countries
- All technologies covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)