Global Blood Culture Test Market By Method (Conventional/Manual Methods, Automated Methods), By Product (Consumables, Instruments, Software and Services), By Technology (Culture-Based Technology, Molecular Technologies, Proteomics Technology), By Application (Bacteremia, Fungemia, Mycobacterial Detection), By End User (Hospital Laboratories, Reference Laboratories, Academic Research Laboratories, Other Laboratories), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Blood Culture Test Market
Global blood culture test market is registering a substantial CAGR of 8.88% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to increasing amount of sepsis cases and high cost of treatment.
Market Definition: Global Blood Culture Test Market
Blood culture is a test to check for external objects, such as yeast, bacteria and other microorganisms in the blood. Having such pathogens in the bloodstream may be an indication of a blood infection, a disease recognized as bacteria. A favorable blood culture implies you have bacteria in your blood. This sort of infection includes the blood that circulates throughout your flesh. Bacteria that begin on your skin or in your urine, lungs, or gastrointestinal tract are prevalent causes of blood infection.
- Increasing amount of sepsis cases and high cost of treatment is contributing to the growth of the market
- Rising geriatric population is boosting the growth of the market
- Increasing number product launches and regulatory approvals is propelling the growth of the market
- Growing number of incidences of bloodstream infections is driving the growth of the market
- High cost of automatic tools is hindering the growth of the market
- Absence of trained laboratory specialists is restricting the growth of the market
- Strict regulatory framework is hampering the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Blood Culture Test Market
- Conventional/Manual Methods
- Automated Methods
- Blood Culture Media
- Aerobic Blood Culture Media
- Pediatric Aerobic Blood Culture Media
- Anaerobic Blood Culture Media
- Mycobacterial Blood Culture Media
- Fungi/Yeast Blood Culture Media
- Assay Kits & Reagents
- Blood Culture Accessories
- Blood Culture Media
- Automated Blood Culture Systems
- Supporting Laboratory Equipment
- Colony Counters
- Gram Stainers
- Software and Services
- Culture-Based Technology
- Molecular Technologies
- PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)
- PNA-FiSH (Peptide Nucleic Acid – Fluroscent in Situ Hybridization)
- Proteomics Technology
- Mycobacterial Detection
By End User
- Hospital Laboratories
- Reference Laboratories
- Academic Research Laboratories
- Other Laboratories
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2019, ICubate Syndromic Test Developer has been granted FDA approval for its iC-GN Assay, multiplexed, a qualitative, in vivo diagnostic test intended to detect and recognize possibly pathogenic gram-negative bacteria connected with bloodstream infection (BSI) and subsequent sepsis. The iC-GPC test, together with the iCubate scheme, is a precise and safe instrument for the identification of the five most prevalent Gram-positive bacteria and their strength indices accountable for bloodstream infections.
- In November 2017, ITL Health Group is excited to announce the release of the recent blood culture screening item from ITL Biomedical, Transfer Cap Set. The Transfer Cap Set is an item used to securely and effectively transfer favorable crop samples from a bacterial vial to a vacuum tube. The item is intended for use in hospital laboratories that automate test samples from favorable bacterial identification containers.
Global Blood culture test market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of epigenetics diagnostic market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the Global blood culture test market are bioMérieux SA, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., BD, Akonni Biosystems, Inc., FASTinov, CorisBioconcept SPRL, Q-linea., DNA Electronics, T2 Biosystems, Inc., Aptum Biologics Ltd, Biomatrica, Bio SB, Estigen, Devyser., Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmbH, Mikroscan Technologies, Inc., CytoTest Inc., BioFire Diagnostics, ZeptoMetrix Corporation, ZenTech S.A. and others.
Research Methodology: Global Blood Culture Test Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of Global blood culture test market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)