Global Cannabis Seeds Market, By Seed Type (Regular Seeds, Feminized Seeds and Autoflowering Seeds), Strain (Indica, Hybrid and Sativa), Compound (THC Dominant, CBD Dominant and Balanced THC & CBD), Category (Inorganic and organic), Distribution Channel (Store Based Retailing and Online/E-Commerce Retailing), Type of Vendors (Resellers, Breeders and Seeds Manufacturing Companies), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Netherlands, Russia, Belgium and Rest of Europe, China, Australia, India, Japan, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Colombia, Uruguay, Argentina and Rest of South America, South Africa and Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Global cannabis seeds market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 14.5% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 723.77 million by 2027. Highly legalized region and demand for the cannabis seeds are high hence revenue generation is also high which is helping the market to grow in the region.
The cannabis seeds market is growing tremendously in the U.S. with the legalization of cannabis in 33 out of 50 states. The cannabis seeds are instrumental to the type of cannabis plants grown. These seeds can be of various types, including regular, auto-flower and feminized depending on the type of plant to be grown. Various seedbanks have been established in the countries such as the U.S., Netherlands, Spain, Italy to distribute cannabis seeds in local territories such as dinafem seeds cannabis seeds U.S. and others. The breeding of strains is done to produce the desired quality of strains. The cannabis seeds have two very important chemicals in them namely, cannabidiol (CBD) which is non-psychoactive element and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is the psychoactive element. Depending on them there are two seed varieties which are cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) dominant. Apart from the approved drugs, there is an increased interest in two cannabinoids, Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD). THC is seen to increase appetite, reduce nausea and treat muscle control problems, while CBD is useful in controlling epileptic seizures, treating mental illness and reduce inflammation.
Complex regulatory structure for the usage of cannabis acts as an obstacle for the companies and hence, complex regulatory structure for the usage of cannabis acts as a restraint for the market. Large cultivation of cannabis responsible for environmental disruption, owing to the problems and disruptions caused in the environment by this large cultivation of cannabis restraints the market growth.
This cannabis seeds market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Global cannabis seeds market is categorized into seed type, strain, compound, category, distribution channel, type of vendors. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of seed type, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into regular seeds, feminized seeds and autoflowering seeds. In 2020, regular seeds segment is dominating the market as majority of the companies are manufacturing regular seeds and also they don’t require many efforts and are easy to grow.
- On the basis of strain, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into indica, hybrid and sativa. In 2020, indica segment is dominating the market as the majority of the manufacturers have strains of indica and it is preferred more by people. However, the hybrid segment may grow in future as people and manufacturers are giving preference to the genetically modified stains.
- On the basis of compound, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into THC dominant, CBD dominant and balanced THC & CBD. In 2020, the THC segment is dominating because THC is the psychoactive element of cannabis and it is highly required for medicinal purposes.
- On the basis of category, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into inorganic and organic. In 2020, inorganic segment is dominating as inorganic agriculture is increasing but in future the organic segment is set to increase as people are shifting towards organic products and also inorganic farming makes use of chemicals which may not be good for health.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into store based retailing and online/e-commerce retailing. In 2020, store based retailing segment is dominating as people find it easy to purchase from stores and they can check the quality of products they are purchasing. However, in future online retailing will increase as people are shifting towards online shopping as they find it convenient. .
- On the basis of type of vendors, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into resellers, breeders and seeds manufacturing companies. In 2020, resellers segment is dominating as there are a large number of resellers as compared to breeders and seeds companies. Moreover, the growers prefer to purchase the seeds from seeds banks as they have a larger variety.
Global cannabis seeds market is categorized into country, seed type, strain, compound, category, distribution channel and type of vendors.
The countries covered in the cannabis seeds market report are U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Netherlands, Russia, Belgium and Rest of Europe, China, Australia, India, Japan, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Colombia, Uruguay, Argentina and Rest of South America, South Africa and Rest of Middle East and Africa.
- In North America, United States have comprised the highest market share as approximately in 45 states of the USA have legalized the utilization of the cannabis based products and seeds. The growing demand of the indoor farming in the United States and establishment of the regulation towards the online retailing has boosted the USA cannabis seeds market. In Europe, Spain is dominating the market as the Spain country has higher number of cannabis seed banks and people in Spain are highly aware with the benefits of cannabis seeds which help the country to have high share in the region. Asia-Pacific is growing with highest CAGR and China have comprised the highest market share China as demand for the cannabis seeds as the country is legalized for medicinal and recreational use.
The country section of the cannabis seeds market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Some of the major players operating in the cannabis seeds market are Seed Cellar, HUMBOLDT SEED COMPANY, BARNEY'S FARM, CANNABIS SEEDS USA, Dinafem Seeds, Tropical Seeds Co., Sweet Seeds, Serious Seeds, DNA Genetics, Sensi Seeds, Green House Seed Co., I Love Growing Marijuana, Pyramid Seeds, Seeds For Me, DeliciousSeeds, Christiania Seeds, Nymera, T.H.Seeds, Royal Queen Seeds, Dutch Passion, Paradise Seeds B.V., Amsterdammarijuanaseeds, and Crop King Seeds among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In June 2020, Sensi Seeds have attended the exhibition based on ‘We Are Mary Jane: Women of Cannabis’ handled at the hemp museum in Amsterdam. The company has majorly focused in the cannabis improvement of all of its products in a cornerstone. This recognition has aided the company to build trust among stakeholders and increase its brand awareness.
- In July 2018, Royal Queen Seeds have secured first place in Highlife Cup by storm award ceremony. The contribution in cannabis strain and product development to deliver the best quality seeds to their customers shows dedication of the Royal Queen Seeds. The recognition has helped the company towards their brand visibility among consumers.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the cannabis seeds market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for cannabis seeds market.
Customization Available: Global Cannabis Seeds Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.