Global Cosmetics Market By Category (Skin & Sun Care Products, Hair Care Products, Deodorants, Fragrances, Makeup & Color Cosmetics), Distribution Channel (Retail Sale, Online Sale), Gender (Male, Female), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Cosmetics Market
Global cosmetics market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 435.47 Billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 648.31 Billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.10% during the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the changing lifestyles and rising disposable income of several countries.
Market Definition: Global Cosmetics Market
Cosmetics Market is a mixture of chemical usually used for enhancing the odor or appearance of the human body. Deodorants, skin care and hair care are few types of cosmetics which are available in the market. The rising geriatric population and their increasing demand for maintaining a youthful appearance have expanded the cosmetics market.
- Rising demand of natural ingredients in various cosmetic products is expected to drive the market growth
- Attractive marketing strategies and changing packaging styles are also expected to stimulate the market growth
- Advanced beauty treatments is expected to restrain the market growth
- Growing awareness related to the possible side-effects of cosmetics is also expected to hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Cosmetics Market
- By Category
- Skin and Sun Care Products
- Hair Care Products
- Makeup & Color Cosmetics
- By Distribution Channel
- Retail sale
- Departmental stores
- Drug stores
- Brand outlets
- 5.2 Online sale
- Retail sale
- By Gender
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2019, LOreal International is recognized as the global leader in the world for the third time in a row with triple “A” score. This would help in the development of the company and also helps to enhance the customer base.
- In December 2018, Avon Products, Inc. launched new K-beauty collection products with a wide range of new and innovative products from Korea. This strategy helped the company to expand their product portfolio.
Competitive Analysis: Global Cosmetics Market
Global cosmetics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of cosmetics market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Cosmetics Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the cosmetics market are LOreal International, Avon Products, Inc., Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Oriflame Cosmetics AG, REVLON, Kao Corporation, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc., Skin Food, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Bayer AG, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Clarins, Alticor Inc., Mary Kay Inc., Beiersdorf AG, Yves Rocher, Shiseido Co.,Ltd, Maybelline New York and Nykaa E-Retail Pvt. Ltd.
Research Methodology: Global Cosmetics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of Market Segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market Drivers and Restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure