Global E-Paper Market By Technology (Electrophoretic, Electrochromic, Electro Wetting, Cholesteric LCD (CH-LCD), Others), Applications (Consumer electronics, Retail, Medical, Transportation, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global E-Paper Market
Global e-paper market is expected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to high demand of on the move information. The benefits of e-paper technology along with the increased R&D initiatives by the manufacturers are factors contributing towards the growth of the market
Market Definition: Global E-Paper Market
E-paper is a portable, reusable, paper-like processing and screen medium which can be written on thousands or millions of times over by electronic means. E-paper is being used for e-books, online magazines, wireless alerts and foldable displays. It is an electrically-charged surface replicating the look of ink on paper. E-paper market has varied applications in the field of e-books, newspapers, portable signs among others.
- Increasing adaptation of alternatives to LCD or LED technologies; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Many modern e-paper technologies is prepared for advertising and will certainly contribute to improved e-paper screen adoption rates; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- The e-paper market is primarily driven by the e-readers and other consumer electronic devices is also expected to boost the growth of the market
- Manufacturers is investing in terms of enhancement of E paper; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- High cost of E paper; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Manufacturers still oppose this technology because it is more complex than paper, this factor can impede the market growth
Segmentation: Global E-Paper Market
- Electro Wetting
- Cholesteric LCD
- Consumer electronics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, E Ink collaborated with Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited for joint production of the reference design panel for battery-less e-Paper labels. The system adopts the e-Paper module of E Ink and the UHF FRAM RFID LSI module of Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited, which is suitable for battery-free e-Paper Tag applications. The company strengthen the product portfolio and maximize the business worldwide with this collaboration
- In April 2017, Sony Corporation announced that they had established a joint venture with E Ink Holdings for the development, commercialization and licensing of various products consisting of e-paper based displays. This agreement will enhance the levels of usage of e-paper, increasing the levels of application for the product. These activities will be carried out by a subsidiary established in Taiwan and Japanese separately
Global e-paper market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of e-paper market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in global e-paper market are Cambrios Technologies Corp., CLEARink Displays, Inc., E Ink Holdings Inc., GUANGZHOU OED TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD., InkCase Enterprise Pte Ltd, LG Electronics, PERVASIVE DISPLAYS, INC., Plastic Logic HK Ltd, SAMSUNG, Displaydata Limited, DKE CO.,LTD., Epson America, Inc., GDS Holding S.r.l., Motion Display, MPicoSys Low Power Innovators, Omni-ID, Solomon Systech, Ubiik, Visionect, among others.
Research Methodology: Global E-Paper Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved