Global E-Scooter/Moped and E-Motorcycle Market By Type (Sealed Lead Acid, Lithium-Ion), Distance Covered (Below 75 Miles, 75–100 Miles, Above 100 Miles), Vehicle Type (E-Scooter/Moped, E-Motorcycle), Voltage Type (36V, 48V, 60V, 72V), Technology Type (Plug- In, Battery), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global E-Scooter/Moped and E-Motorcycle Market
Global e-scooter/moped and e-motorcycle market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 35.45% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing adoption of e- scooter and growing government support to back electric scooters are the factor for the market growth.
Market Definition: Global E-Scooter/Moped and E-Motorcycle Market
Electric scooters and motorcycles are plug in electric vehicles which usually have to two or three wheels. They use need battery to run and the electricity is usually stored on board in rechargeable battery. They have the ability to cover distance from below 75 miles to more than 100 miles. These electric vehicles are equipped with lithium-ion batteries and are rechargeable in nature. They are cost effective because they don’t run on fuel or petrol. The increasing demand for environment friendly ride is the factor fuelling the growth of this market.
- Low maintenance and operating cost of the electric wheelers is driving the market growth
- Increasing government incentives and subsidies on electric vehicles will also propel the market growth
- Rising demand for eco-friendly transportation among population will also drive the market growth
- Low cost of the lead acid battery will also contribute as a factor for the growth of the market
- Lack of proper charging infrastructure will restrain the market growth
- Strict government rules and regulation associated with use of electric vehicle will also hamper the market growth
- Dearth of power output and availability of limited range is another factor restricting the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global E-Scooter/Moped and E-Motorcycle Market
- Sealed Lead Acid
By Distance Covered
- Below 75 Miles
- 75–100 Miles
- Above 100 Miles
By Vehicle Type
By Voltage Type
By Technology Type
- Plug- In
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, 22Kymco announced the launch of their new iFlow electric scooter which consist of features such as LED tail lamp, LED headlamps, and turn indicators and also consist of Bluetooth and cloud connectivity features. This new scooter is available in six different colors such as raisin black, silver, white dove, couture brown, rogue matt blue and moonlight silver. It also have swappable lithium- ion battery which have the ability to get charged in an hour
- In March 2019, Avan Motors India announced the launch of their new electric scooter Trend E which is the part of the companies Xero series of electric scooters. This new scooter has the ability to cover distance 60km in single battery and 110 km in double battery. It also have lithium- ion- battery which can be charged in just two to four hours. They are available in color combination such as white- blue, red- black, and black- red
Global e-scooter/moped and e-motorcycle market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of e-scooter/moped and e-motorcycle market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global e-scooter/moped and e-motorcycle market are Hero Electric, Vmoto Limited, The Electrotherm Group, Inc., Jiangsu Xinri E-Vehicle Co.,Ltd., Energica Motor Company, Piaggio & C. SpA, Niu International., Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, H-D, AIMA TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD, Avan Motors India, Čezeta, Dongguan Tailing Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd, GOVECS AG, Gogoro Inc., Johammer e-mobility GmbH, Zhejiang Luyuan Electric Vehicle Co.,Ltd., Zero Motorcycles, Inc., Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd, Shandong Incalcu Electric Vehicle Co.,Ltd, Emflux Motors and others.
Research Methodology: Global E-Scooter/Moped and E-Motorcycle Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved