Global Fresh Food Packaging Market, By Package Material (Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Paper, Aluminium, BOPET, Poly-Vinyl Chloride, Others), By Pack Type (Flexible Pack, Converted Roll Stock, Gusseted Bags, Flexible Paper, Corrugated Box, Boxboard, Cans, Others), By Application (Meat & Meat Products, Vegetables, Seafood, Fruits, Others), By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Fresh Food Packaging Market
Global fresh food packaging market is buyer-oriented, and hence with the rising demand for fresh food, and their extended shelf-life the market is expected to be on the rise. Global fresh food packaging market is expected to register a CAGR of 3.15% in the forecast period of 2019-2026 and achieve an estimated value of USD 112.62 billion by 2026 from its initial estimated value of USD 87.87 billion in 2018.
Market Definition: Global Fresh Food Packaging Market
Global fresh food packaging market has had an increase in demand due to the rise in better quality, packaged and labelled fresh food. This along with the growing awareness around the world about the environment and global warming, the packaging market is adopting eco-friendly means of packaging which has led to a significant rise in the demand for the industry.
The primary aim of the global fresh food packaging market is the quality maintenance and eco-friendly packaging methods leading to a better environment and waste disposal system. It also makes sure that the industry standards are high and that the product inside is not tampered with in any way.
- Rising demand for fresh packaged and labelled food with no tampering to the products has led to a significant rise in the market of Global Fresh Food Packaging Market
- Growing awareness amongst the people about the products they are consuming and the effects that they have on the environment has led to a significant rise for the market
- Increase in disposable income of the world has led to a rise in the demand for better quality, fresh food products which bodes well for the future of the industry
- The rise in counterfeit packaging and products in the market has hindered the market growth
- The waste disposal system of the manufacturers during the production and packaging process has led to an overhaul of government regulations for the product and has halted the market growth
- Cheap local products and their supply has taken a major market share of the Global Fresh Food Packaging Market thereby reducing the growth of the Industry
Segmentation: Global Fresh Food Packaging Market
- By Package Material
- BOPET (biaxially-oriented polyethylene terephthalate)
- Poly-vinyl Chloride
- By Pack Type
- Flexible Pack
- Converted Roll Stock
- Gusseted Bags
- Flexible Paper
- Corrugated Box
- Stand-up Pouches
- Wicketed Bags
- By Application
- Meat & Meat Products
- By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2018, Amcor Limited acquired US based rigid and flexible packaging company Bemis Company Inc., for USD 6.8 billion which will help Amcor have a greater impact for their products in the United States.
- In February 2017, Mondi completed the acquisition of UK based innovative packaging company Excelsior Technologies Limited for 33 million euros, helping Mondi improve their innovative packaging solutions and increase their market share in the UK.
Competitive Analysis: Global Fresh Food Packaging Market
Global fresh food packaging market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of fresh food packaging market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Fresh Food Packaging Market
Few of the major players operating in the global fresh food packaging market are Amcor Limited, Mondi, Coveris, Smurfit Kappa, DuPont, International Paper, DS Smith, Silgan Holdings Inc., WestRock Company, Sealed Air, Ultimate Packaging Ltd., Temkin International Inc., Greenyard, Berry Global Inc., Packaging Corporation of America, Sonoco Products Company, American Packaging Corporation, Jabil Inc., ITC Limited, Innovia Films, Graham Packaging Company, BASF SE, Ampacet Corporation, Printpack, Bomarko Inc., Graphic Packaging International LLC, Schur Flexibles Holding GesmbH, and Klöckner Pentaplast.
Research Methodology: Global Fresh Food Packaging Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Offers up the market analysis of the forecast period of 2019-2026, based on the different market segmentations
- Key market players and their profile analysis signifying their effects on the market
- Market Drivers and Restraint analysis for the industry
- Region wise analysis of the market