Global Gene Synthesis Market, By Products & Services (Consumables, Software, Services Market), Application (Diagnostics, Therapeutics, Research & Developmental Activities, Other Applications), Method (Solid Phase Synthesis, Chip based DNA synthesis, PCR based enzyme synthesis), End-User (Academic & Research Institutes Market, Diagnostic Laboratories Market, Biotech & Pharmaceutical Companies Market, Other Markets), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Gene Synthesis Market
Global Gene Synthesis Market is set to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 3,542.49 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 19,295.56 million in 2026, registering a CAGR of 23.60% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rise in numbers of start-ups dealing with gene synthesis and growth in gene synthesis investments & funds.
Market Definition: Global Gene Synthesis Market
Gene synthesis is the chemical in-vitro synthesis of double-stranded DNA molecules. It can develop mutated, recombinant, or entirely novel DNA sequences without any template DNA strand and synthesize oligos and RNA containing modified bases or chimeric DNA-RNA backbones along with DNA sequences. It has a crucial role in synthetic biology and biotechnology and also it is an important tool for various fields like vaccine development, molecular engineering, gene therapy, and heterologous gene expression in recombinant DNA technology. It can also be used in designing cancer enzymes and diagnosis of viral genomes for vaccine development.
According to National Institute of Cancer, in 2018, about 1,735,350 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed in the United States and 609,640 people will die from the disease. These incidences of cancer are expected to increase the demand cancer enzymes used in gene syntheses, thus, augmenting the market.
- Increasing emphasis on clinical research and development is anticipated to is expected to drive the market growth
- Advancements in the market and rising amount of healthcare expenditure is also expected to drive the market growth
- Less number of trained and skilled professionals is expected to restrain the market growth.
- Tedious and long process of approvals is also expected to restrain the market growth.
Segmentation: Global Gene Synthesis Market
- By Products & Services
- Services Market
- Research & Developmental Activities
- Other Applications
- Solid Phase Synthesis
- Chip based DNA synthesis
- PCR based enzyme synthesis
- Academic & Research Institutes Market
- Diagnostic Laboratories Market
- Biotech & Pharmaceutical Companies Market
- Others Market
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2018, Thermo Fisher Scientific Launched Ion AmpliSeq HD Technology. It will help clinical researchers with the flexibility to custom design gene panels without sacrificing the ultra-high sensitivity required to find low-frequency variants in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) and highly heterogeneous solid tumor samples.
- In September 2016, GenScript, announced the launch of their most versatile CRISPR service – synthetic CRISPR RNAs (crRNA).This new product will help the gene-editing to be used in many more research applications.
Competitive Analysis: Global Gene Synthesis Market
Global gene synthesis market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of gene synthesis market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Gene Synthesis Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the gene synthesis market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Genewiz, Eurofins Scientific, ATD Bio Ltd., OriGene Technologies, Inc., Bioneer Corporation, Atum, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc., GenScript, Eurogentec, Twist Bioscience., BioCat GmbH, LGC Biosearch Technologies, Eton Bioscience, Inc., Quintara Biosciences, Bio Basic Inc., SBS Genetech Co., Ltd., Merck KGaA among others
Research Methodology: Global Gene Synthesis Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global gene synthesis Market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)