Market Analysis: Global Hybrid Train Market
Global hybrid train market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 5.20% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market can be attributed to rising investment by the government to promote green and environmental friendly trains, growing demand for energy-efficient transport and the use of public transport in order to reduce the traffic congestions and infrastructure problems.
Market Definition: Global Hybrid Train Market
A hybrid train is an engine that that utilises an on-board rechargeable energy storage system (RESS), which is set up in the middle of the source providing power and the electric system of the train which is interconnected to the wheels i.e. traction transmission system. They are environmental friendly, emission free, reliable and effective trains that are deemed fit for the sustainable development of the globe.
- Growing demand for of transportation that is reliable, sustainable, cost effective and energy-efficient
- The need to control the rising levels of pollution and noise in the environment foster the growth of the hybrid train market
- Growing demand for public transports in order to reduce the level of traffics on the road boosts the growth of hybrid trains
- High cost of maintenance and overhaul can hinder the growth of this market
- Inclination of refurbishing and using traditional railway systems
Segmentation: Global Hybrid Train Market
- Battery Operated
- Electro Diesel
- Hydrogen Powered
- Solar Powered
By Operating Speed
- Below 100 km/h
- 100-200 km/h
- Above 200 km/h
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Bombardier Transportation launched its new passenger battery-operated train named as “BOMBARDIER TALENT 3”. This train does not emit any carbon emissions and thereby, the company fulfils its social responsibility by conserving and protecting the environment. This eco-friendly battery train can charges its own batteries in mobility from its overhead line and declines the use of diesel vehicles on the rail tracks.
- In May, 2019 Vivarail, has entered into an agreement with Arcola Energy, to manufacture hydrogen/battery hybrid train for Vivarail’s “class 230 multiple units”. This would transform the railways industry, enabling a cleaner and more reliable transport. This train would reduce the carbon emissions, thereby protecting and saving the environment from these harmful gases, promoting the decarbonisation of trains. With this invention, the hybrid train market would expand globally and would soon lead to the development of more hybrid trains, as a replacement to the existing diesel and carbon emission trains.
Competitive Analysis: Global Hybrid Train Market
Global hybrid train market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of hybrid train market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Hybrid Train Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the hybrid train market are CRRC; Bombardier; Alstom; Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.; Siemens; GENERAL ELECTRIC; HYUNDAI ROTEM COMPANY.; Hitachi, Ltd.; TOSHIBA CORPORATION; CAF, Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles, S.A.; Ballard Power Systems.; TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION; Vivarail Ltd.; ABB; Hydrogenics; ŠKODA TRANSPORTATION a.s..; The Kinki Sharyo Co.,Ltd.; Rolls-Royce plc; Etihad Rail; Stadler Rail; Sinara Transport Machines; BNSF Railway Company.; among others.
Research Methodology: Global Hybrid Train Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved