Global IoT in Education Market By Component (Solutions, Services), Hardware (Interactive Whiteboards, Tablets & Mobile Devices, Displays, Security & Video Cameras, Attendance Tracking Systems, Others), End-User (Academic Institutions, Corporates), Application (Learning Management System, Classroom Management, Administration Management, Surveillance, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global IoT in Education Market
Global IoT in education market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 4.73 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 19.08 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 19.05% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing prevalence of cloud based applications and adoption of e-learning platforms and services.
Market Definition: Global IoT in Education Market
IoT in education can be defined as the technology, and set of applications that is used for smart learning solutions, through which textbooks are combined and transformed into web-based sites that also incorporate visual aids, additional accompanying materials such as texts, articles & publications. It also involves the assessment of individuals on their performances on tests and other practical applications. The educational apps are enhancing IoT in education helping both teachers and students in creating 3D graphics textbooks which contain videos and provide the capability to take notes.
- Advent of cloud applications and adoption of e-learning platforms is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Growth in usage of connected devices and technologies in learning is also expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Lack of set standardizations and regulations in the market is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
- Dearth and inadequate infrastructure and technological resources is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global IoT in Education Market
- By Component
- Network Management
- Content Management & Analytics
- Device Management
- Application Management
- Security Management
- Training & Consulting
- Deployment & Integration
- Support & Maintenance
- By Hardware
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Tablets & Mobile Devices
- Security & Video Cameras
- Attendance Tracking Systems
- By End-User
- Academic Institutions
- Higher Education
- Academic Institutions
- By Application
- Learning Management System
- Classroom Management
- Administration Management
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, SAMSUNG celebrated the “2018 Global Volunteer Festival”, by providing Samsung Electronics Latin America employees with Samsung Galaxy tablets and STEM (Science Technology, Engineering & Math) learning and education tools. These employees participated in various schools across the various countries in the region and provided students and teachers with various new and innovative learning methods.
- In October 2018, Intel announced that they are visiting various schools across the United States with their “Intel Tech Learning Lab”, providing education providers and learners the ability to experience innovative and modern methods of education and understanding through Intel’s learning platform. “Intel Tech Learning Lab”, is a mobile truck containing virtual reality (VR) stations, highly advanced PC’s, augmented reality (AR) and also Internet of Things (IoT) equipped whiteboards.
Competitive Analysis: Global IoT in Education Market
Global IoT in education market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of IoT in education market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global IoT in Education Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the IoT in education market are Intel Corporation, Google, Amazon Web Services Inc., IBM Corporation, Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, SAP SE, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Arm Limited, Unit4, SAMSUNG, LearnZillion, brightwheel, Certica Solutions, Examity Inc., Knowre, AltSchool, Quad Learning Inc., Galvanize Inc. and littleBits Electronics Inc.
Research Methodology: Global IoT in Education Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved