Global Lutein Market By Form (Powder & Crystalline, Oil Suspension, Beadlet, Emulsion), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, Dietary Supplements, Animal Feed, Pharmaceuticals, and Personal Care Products) Production Process (Chemical Synthesis, Extraction from Botanical Material, Fermentation, Algae Route), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Lutein Market
Global lutein market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 6.70% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market value can be attributed due to its extensive uses in food applications which include bakery & confectionery products, dairy products, and infant formula.
Market Definition: Global Lutein Market
Lutein is a type of vitamin known as a carotenoid. At normal concentrations in food, it is a yellow pigment and in high concentration, it appears in orange or red pigment. We are born with the lutein in our eyes but it doesn’t reproduce it. Lutein is obtained by animals by ingesting plants. Animal fats and egg yolks are also sources of lutein. It is needed to boost immunity in the human body. The foods that are rich in lutein are broccoli, kale, corn, kiwi fruit, orange, egg yolks and squash.
- The scope of application has surged which has driving the market growth
- The preventive nutraceuticals and healthcare is boosting the market growth
- The demand for natural colorants has increased which has propelled the market growth
- The growth in various industries such as aquaculture, poultry and pork has fuelled the growth of the market
- The growing demand for eye supplements is contributing the growth of the market
- The high doses of lutein has various harmful effects which hinders the market growth
- The various stringent regulatory and approval norms which has restraint the market growth
- The lack of R&D activities in African and middle eastern countries is hampering the market growth
Segmentation: Global Lutein Market
- Powder & Crystalline
- Oil Suspension
- Bakery & Confectionery Products
- Infant Formula & Formulated Supplementary Food Products
- Dairy Products
- Aerated & Carbonated Drinks
- Rtd Beverages
- Sports & Energy Drinks
- Juice Concentrates & Fruit Juices
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Feed
- Personal Care Products
By Production Process
- Chemical Synthesis
- Extraction from Botanical Material
- Algae Route
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2018, Carlson has launched new product Super DHA + Lutein. It provides a special mix of lutein and omega-3. It improves the focus, memory, clarity, mental health and cognitive performance. This product launched has expanded the product portfolio of the company as well as increased the acquisition rate of customers.
- In June 2018, Bausch + Lomb launched a new product Ocuvite Blue Light which is a vitamin supplement. It is made of lutein and zeaxanthin which will help to protect the eyes from blue light of consumers. This product launch will expand the market share of the company as well as expand their product offerings.
Global lutein market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of lutein market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global lutein market are FENCHEM, Divi's Nutraceuticals, LycoRed Ltd., PIVEG, INC., Vitae Caps S.A., Digestive Disease Week, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Chenguang Biotech Group Co.,Ltd, FMC Corporation, BASF SE, Kemin Industries, Inc, OmniActive Health Technologies, Allied Biotech Corporation, KATRA GROUP, Döhler, E.I.D. - Parry (India) Limited, Synthite Industries Ltd, Nature’s Bounty, NutraMarks, Inc., and Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Lutein Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure