Global MOOC Market, By Component (Platforms, Services), Course (Humanities, Computer Science & Programming, Business Management, Science, Health & Medicine, Education & Training, Engineering, Others), User Type (High School, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Corporate), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global MOOC Market
Global MOOC market is expected to witness significant growth in the forecast period of 2019-2026, growing at a CAGR of 40.55%. This is expected to raise the estimated market value from USD 4.3 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 65.48 billion in 2026. This growing trend can be attributed to the growing demand of cheaper e-learning platforms and ability of reaching a broader student base.
Market Definition: Global MOOC Market
MOOC (Massive Open Online Course), can be described as the online courses that have an open education platform and can reach an unlimited amount of participants. It contains the videos of traditional forms of lectures with complete course materials and promotes community interactions between the learners and the professionals.
- Growing need for cheaper and able to reach a broader student base learning platforms is expected to drive the market growth
- Easier way of learning and wider reach of e-learning is also expected to drive the market growth
- Lower completion rate and degree earning as compared to the traditional form of learning is expected to restrain the market growth
- Absence of personalized path of learning system and guidance is also expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global MOOC Market
- By Component
- Training & Support
- By Course
- Computer Science & Programming
- Business Management
- Health & Medicine
- Education & Training
- By User Type
- High School
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, edX Inc. announced the introduction of nine programs for the master’s degree available for learning from the top institutions from around the world strengthening its program providing capabilities.
- In March 2018, Coursera Inc. announced that it is adding six new courses from five universities from around the world which are expected to be cheaper and reach a broader student base in comparison to the traditional physical forms of studying and learning these courses.
Competitive Analysis: Global MOOC Market
Global MOOC market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of MOOC market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global MOOC Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the MOOC market are Pluralsight LLC, Coursera Inc., edX Inc., iversity, Udacity Inc., LinkedIn, FutureLearn, NovoEd, Udemy Inc., MOOC-CN Information Technology (Beijing) Co Ltd., Alison, Edmodo, Brain4ce Education Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Federica Weblearning, INTELLIPAAT.COM, Jigsaw Academy Education Pvt Ltd., Kadenze Inc., Khan Academy, Linkstreet Learning, Miríadax, My Mooc, Simplilearn Solutions, Skillshare Inc., and WizIQ Inc.
Research Methodology: Global MOOC Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved