Global Peripheral Intravenous (IV) Catheter Market, By Product Type (Short PIVC, Integrated/Closed PIVC), By Technology (Short Peripheral Intravenous Catheter, Ported Peripheral Intravenous Catheter, Non-ported Peripheral Intravenous Catheter, Integrated/Closed Peripheral Intravenous Catheter), By End Users, By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Peripheral Intravenous (IV) Catheter Market
The Global Peripheral Intravenous (IV) Catheter Market is expected to reach USD 6.73 billion by 2025, from USD 4.03 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015 & 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Peripheral Intravenous (IV) Catheter Market
The peripheral intravenous catheter (PIVC) is a small flexible tube. This is inserted into a peripheral vein for the delivery of medicines and nutritional supplements. It is widely helpful in the collection of blood samples for diagnostic purpose. The peripheral intravenous catheters can be divided into two types, short peripheral intravenous catheters (PIVCs) and integrated/closed catheters (PIVCs). Once the catheter is in place, the Peripheral intravenous catheters can be removed. This is inserted into the patient's body using a needle. After this process is done the peripheral intravenous catheter is attached to the patient skin by using medical adhesive tape. In 2014, about 20.0 million people visited physicians’ offices with the detection of cancer as the primary diagnosis, 17.8 million people visited physicians’ offices, and 3.9 million people visited hospital outpatient departments due to infectious and parasitic diseases in the US. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2014, there were 141.4 million emergency department visits which further resulted in 11.2 million hospital admissions and 1.8 million critical care unit admissions in the US. This showed that the people of US had one or more chronic health conditions.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increase in number of hospitalizations
- Increasing popularity of integrated/closed peripheral intravenous catheters
- Increased adoption of safety ported short peripheral intravenous catheters
- Increased implementation of product bundling strategy
- Complications associated with peripheral intravenous catheters (PIVCs)
Market Segmentation: Global Peripheral Intravenous (IV) Catheter Market
- The global peripheral intravenous (IV) catheter market is segmented based on product type, technology, end user, distribution channel and geographical segments.
- Based on product type, the market is segmented into short peripheral intravenous catheter, ported peripheral intravenous catheter, non-ported peripheral intravenous catheter and integrated/closed peripheral intravenous catheter.
- On the basis of technology, the market is classified into conventional peripheral intravenous catheter and safety peripheral intravenous catheter.
- On the basis of end users, the market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory centers, clinics, community healthcare and, others.
- Based on geography the global peripheral intravenous (IV) catheter market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Peripheral Intravenous (IV) Catheter Market
The global peripheral intravenous (IV) catheter market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of peripheral intravenous (IV) catheter market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Peripheral Intravenous (IV) Catheter Market
Some of the major players operating in the market are B. Braun Melsungen, BD, C.R. Bard, Smiths Medical, STENTYS SA, VOGT MEDICAL, Terumo CorporationAngioDynamics, RenovoRx, Retractable Technologies, intra special cathers, RAYS health and safety, Teleflex, Vigmed and Vygon, ISO-MED, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Peripheral Intravenous (IV) Catheter Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others