Global Rolling Stock Market, By Product Type (Locomotives, Rapid Transit, Coaches, Wagons), Application (Passenger Transportation, Freight), Locomotive Technology (Conventional Locomotives, Turbocharged Locomotives, Maglev), Component (Pantograph, Axle, Wheel Set, Traction Motor, Passenger Information System, Air Conditioning System, Auxiliary Power System, Position Train Control), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Rolling Stock Market
Global rolling stock market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 54.80 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 78.23 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.55% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rising adoption and preference of public transport.
Market Definition: Global Rolling Stock Market
Rolling stock is termed and described as any vehicle or transport system that is used on the rail tracks. It comprises of a number of vehicles that can be categorized as powered and unpowered. This term is coined due to its relation to the term used in business “stock”, which is considered a liquid asset, by which it means the value of the products can easily be determined and appropriate product values can be defined.
- Increasing adoption and preference of public transport due to high levels of traffic worldwide
- With rising demand of public transport, energy-efficient and comfort transport is also on the rise which is expected to drive the market growth
- Repair and renovation of already existent rolling stock is expected to restrain the market growth
- High amounts of capital and investments required for the production, sales and purchase of rolling stock is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Rolling Stock Market
- By Product Type
- Diesel Locomotives
- Electric Locomotives
- Electro-Diesel Locomotives
- Rapid Transit
- Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU)
- Electric Multiple Unit (EMU)
- Light Rail/Tram
- By Application
- Passenger Transportation
- Passenger Transportation
- By Locomotive Technology
- Conventional Locomotives
- Turbocharged Locomotives
- Electromagnetic Suspension
- Electrodynamic Suspension
- By Component
- Wheel Set
- Traction Motor
- Passenger Information System
- Air Conditioning System
- Auxiliary Power System
- Position Train Control
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2017, GENERAL ELECTRIC (GE) announced that they have signed a letter of intent with Ministry of Transportation and Egyptian National Railways with the deal worth around USD 575 million for the supply of 100 of GE’s locomotives as well as parts and maintenance for these.
- In August 2016, CRRC announced the initiation of its first joint venture manufacturing plant situated in Haryana, India. The plant is expected to manufacture a number of parts used in locomotives as well as complete assembly process of it.
Competitive Analysis: Global Rolling Stock Market
Global rolling stock market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of rolling stock market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Rolling Stock Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the rolling stock market are CRRC, Bombardier, Alstom, Siemens AG, Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., GENERAL ELECTRIC, TRANSMASHHOLDING, Stadler Rail, CAF Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles, S.A., HYUNDAI ROTEM COMPANY, MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD., Talgo, TOSHIBA CORPORATION, Hitachi Ltd., Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, Tech Mahindra Limited, Niigata Transys Co.Ltd., Scomi Group Bhd, ABB, Strukton, DEUTA-WERKE GmbH, Thales Group, Deutsche Bahn AG, Lamifil, Balfour Beatty, American Equipment Company, Wabtec Corporation, CalAmp, Sinara Transportation Machines, Alucast Iran Co., and Randon Implementos.
Research Methodology: Global Rolling Stock Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved