Global SDN Market By Type (Open SDN, SDN via API, SDN via Overlay), Component (Solutions, Services), End- Users (Data Centers, Service Providers, Enterprises), Solution Offering (SDN Applications & Network Services, Professional Services, Virtualization and Control Software, Physical Network Infrastructure), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global SDN Market
Global SDN Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 8.92 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 67.98 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 28.90% in the forecast period of 2019-2026.Increasing usage of cloud servicing is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global SDN Market
SDN stands for system defined networking which is designed to make the network limber and flexible. It helps the business to meet their requirement so that they can improve their network control. These days they are widely used in different sectors like healthcare, education, banking, government etc. Increasing prevalence for network automation and virtualization among consumer is fuelling the growth of this market.
- Increasing demand for private cloud among consumer is driving the growth of this market
- Rising demand for network automation and virtualization is another factor driving market
- Rising security concerns among consumer is restraining the market growth
- Increasing cases of SDN failure is another factor restraining the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global SDN Market
- Open SDN
- SDN Via API
- SDN Via Overlay
- Controller Plane
- Data Plane
- Management Plane
- Training and Support
By End- Users
- Data Centers
- Service Providers
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Government and Defense
By Solution Offering
- SDN Applications & Network Services
- Professional Services
- Virtualization and Control Software
- Physical Network Infrastructure
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2017, Broadcom Limited announced that they have acquired Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. and brocade will work as subsidiary of Braodcom. The main aim of the acquisition is to expand their enterprise storage and networking solutions and provide better services to their OEM customers.
- In May 2018, Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced that they are going to acquire Plexxi. The main aim of the acquisition is to provide better cloud-like experience by combining the Plexxi’s next-generation data center fabric with HPE’s existing software-defined infrastructure.
Global SDN market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of SDN market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the SDN market are Cisco Systems,Inc., VMware, Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Ciena Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, Juniper Networks, Inc., NEC Technologies India Private Limited, Extreme Network, Big Switch Networks, Inc., Pluribus Networks, Nokia, Oracle, Cumulus Networks, Arista Networks, Inc., Pica8 Inc., Broadcom.
Research Methodology: Global SDN Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved