Market Analysis: Global STD Diagnostics Market
Global STD Diagnostics Market is expected to rise at a CAGR of 18.95% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence rates of STD.
Market Definition: Global STD Diagnostics Market
STD stands for sexually transmitted diseases which is also known as venereal diseases (VD) and are usually spread through the use of unsterilized drug needles, from mother to infant during childbirth or breast-feeding, blood transfusions and sexually. These infections do not show any symptoms and are detected through various tests like blood tests, urine samples or fluid samples. STD caused by bacteria is usually easy to treat through antibiotics and antiviral drugs. Thermal Cyclers , PCR, Lateral Flow Readers - Immunochromatographic assays, Flow Cytometers, Differential Light Scattering machines, Absorbance Microplate Reader, Phone chips, Rapid Diagnostic Kits are some of the devices which are used to detect these diseases.
- Implementation of National Screening Programs is driving the market.
- Increasing incidence of STD is driving the market.
- High cost of the advanced diagnostic devices is restraining the market.
Segmentation: Global STD Diagnostics Market
- By Type
- Chlamydia Testing
- Syphilis Testing
- Gonorrhea Testing
- Herpes Simplex Virus Testing
- Human Papilloma Virus Testing
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing
- By Testing
- Laboratory Devices
- Point of Care Devices
- By Testing Devices
- Thermal Cyclers
- Lateral Flow Readers - Immunochromatographic assays
- Flow Cytometers
- Differential Light Scattering machines
- Absorbance Microplate Reader
- Phone Chips
- Rapid Diagnostic Kits
- By End- User
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2017, uBiome announced the launch of the new women’s health test SmartJane to check for 23 vaginal flora as well as 19 strains of the human papilloma virus and a string of sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia and gonorrhea at home. One can order it online and send it out to a certified lab for results. The main aim is to encourage the women to get testing for certain possibly life-threatening STI’s such as HPV.
- In December 2016, Roche announced the launch of their cobas CT/NG on the cobas 6800/8800 Systems or the direct detection of Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) and/or Neisseria gonorrhoeae (NG) DNA in both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals. They provide result in significantly reduced time and are fully integrated, automated solution that will create new standard for routine molecular testing.
Competitive Analysis: Global STD Diagnostics Market
Global STD diagnostics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of STD diagnostics market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global STD Diagnostics Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the STD diagnostics market are Abbott, aposcience, BD, Biocartis, bioMérieux SA, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc, Cepheid, Danaher, DiaSorin, GenMark Diagnostics, Inc., Hologic Inc., OraSure Technologies, Inc., Qualigen Inc, Quidel Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, Hologic Inc, MedMira Inc.
Research Methodology: Global STD Diagnostics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global STD diagnostics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)