Asia-Pacific Malaria Treatment Market, By Agent (Plasmodium Falciparum, P. Vivax, P. Ovale, P. Malariae and P. Knowlelsi), Type (Medication and Vaccination), Treatment Type (Suppressive Treatment and Radical Treatment), Drug Type (Branded and Generics), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Home Healthcare and Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies and Online Pharmacies), Country (China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights : Asia-Pacific Malaria Treatment Market
The malaria treatment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.8% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 1,07,492.89 thousand by 2027 from USD 69,036.10 thousand in 2019. Increasing incidence of malaria vecto-borne diseases, growing demand for advanced malaria treatment products are the major drivers for the growth of the market in the forecast period.
The malaria treatment market is growing tremendously across Asia-Pacific due to the rise in medical insurance and additionally pandemic outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) across the globe. The various categories of the medication for malaria treatment include chloroquine, mefloquine, quinine, primaquine, hydroxychloroquine, artemisinin-based combination therapy (ACT), non-artemisinin based combinations (non-acts) and others. The presence of wide range of malaria medication treatment products is providing the better patient experience with reducing the risk of death. The increased research and development activities lead to the increased product launch by key market players of the malaria treatment market. However adverse effects and risks associated with anti-malaria may hamper the future growth of malaria treatment market.
The agreement and acquisition is the golden opportunity for the malaria treatment market players to elevate their revenue growth. It is predicted that poor accessibility of malaria treatments products is the major key challenge for the future growth of malaria treatment market.
The malaria treatment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the malaria treatment market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Malaria Treatment Market Scope and Market Size
The malaria treatment market is categorized into seven notable segments which are based on the agent, type, treatment type, drug type, route of administration, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core influencing areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of agent, the malaria treatment market is segmented into plasmodium falciparum, P. vivax, P. ovale, P. malariae and P. knowlelsi. In 2020, plasmodium falciparum segment is dominating the malaria treatment market due to its rapid transmission. Additionally, climate condition and humidity of Sub-Saharan Africa is enhancing the transmission of malaria by the virtue of plasmodium falciparum.
- On the basis of type, the malaria treatment market is segmented into medication and vaccination. In 2020, vaccination segment is dominating the malaria treatment market due to its cost effective, easily accessible and is a primarily treatment for the malaria patient pool.
- On the basis of treatment type, the malaria treatment market is segmented into suppressive treatment and radical treatment. In 2020, the suppressive treatment segment is dominating the malaria treatment market because it is considered to be the primary and fundamental treatment. Moreover, enormous demand of suppressive treatment worldwide acts as another driving factor for the malaria treatment market growth.
- On the basis of drug type, the malaria treatment market is segmented into branded and generics. In 2020, generics segment is dominating the malaria treatment market because it is cost-effective in comparison to the branded drugs.
- On the basis of route of administration, the malaria treatment market is segmented into oral and parenteral. Parenteral are is further subdivided into intravenous, intramuscular, and subcutaneous. In 2020, oral segment is dominating the malaria treatment market because it is considered to be the first line of therapy. Moreover, low manufacturing cost of tablets, capsules and other orally administered drugs act as another driving factor for the malaria treatment market growth.
- On the basis of end user, the malaria treatment market is segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, home healthcare and others. In 2020, hospitals segment is dominating the malaria treatment market because of the increased healthcare expenditure by hospitals on advanced medical treatment.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the malaria treatment market is segmented into direct tender, hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies and online pharmacies. In 2020, direct tender segment is dominating the malaria treatment market because direct tender holds the largest market share along with the highest CAGR because most of the service providers buy the product from manufacturers, and it is noticed that revenue from direct sales is higher; so it is influential as well as growing in the malaria treatment market.
Malaria Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
Malaria treatment market is analysed and market size information is provided on the basis of country, agent, type, treatment type, drug type, route of administration, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in malaria treatment market report are China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
Asia-Pacific is expected to grow with the fastest CAGR in the forecast period as the demand for malaria treatment are increasing very rapidly owing growing healthcare expenditure and increasing awareness regarding the malaria vector-borne disease symptoms. India is expected to dominate in the market in the Asia-Pacific malaria treatment market. Indonesia is one of the leading countries in the Asia-Pacific with increasing demand for malaria treatment products.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by Manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Malaria Treatment Market
The malaria treatment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in malaria treatment industry with malaria treatment drugs sales, impact of advancement in the malaria treatment technology and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the malaria treatment market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Malaria Treatment Market Share Analysis
The malaria treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to malaria treatment market.
The major players covered in the report are Actiza Pharmaceutical Private Limited, AdvaCare Pharma, Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC., Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Ipca Laboratories Ltd., Mylan N.V., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Zydus Cadila, Cipla Inc., Bliss GVS Pharma Ltd., GeoVax, MMV, Novartis AG, Sumaya Biotech, Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited, VLP Therapeutics, OSIVAX, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (a subsidiary of LUPIN), AJANTA PHARMA, Strides Pharma Science Limited, sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC (a subsidiary of Sanofi) among others and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the malaria treatment market.
- In August 2017, Novartis and Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV) have declared a patient study for KAF156, the next generation of anti-inflammatory rheumatic compounds with the potential to treat drug-intolerant strains of the malaria parasite. The experiment has tested the activity of KAF156 together with a new, improved combination of existing anti-malarial malaria cases.
- In July 2017, Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV) and Cipla Ltd. declared the launch of Artesunate Rectocaps/Rectal Artesunate Suppositories (RAS) 100 mg. However, this product utilized for the management of severe malaria in young children and for life saving. This product launch has escalated the company revenue growth.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the malaria treatment market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for malaria treatment market.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Malaria Treatment Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.