China E-Bike Hub Motor Market, By Hub Motor Location (Front Hub Motor, Rear Hub Motor, Mid/Centre E-Bike Hub Motor), Motor Type (Internally Geared, Direct Drive Hub Motor), Volt Range (Less Than 36 Volt, More Than 36 Volt), Weight (Less Than 7 Pounds, More Than 7 Pounds), Battery Type (Lithium-Ion, Lithium-Ion Polymer, Lead Acid, Nickel Metal Hydride, Sealed Lead Acid, Others), Class (Class I (Pedal Assist / Pedelec), Class Ii Throttle, Class Iii (Speed Pedelec)), Sales Channel (OEM, Aftermarket), Application / Vehicle Type (Mountain / Trekking Bike, City /Urban Bikes, Cargo Bikes, Cruise Bikes, Racing Bikes, Others) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2030.
Market Analysis and Insights: China E-Bike Hub Motor Market
China E-bike hub motor market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2030. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 9.9% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2030 and expected to reach USD 9,671.24 million by 2030. Increasing traffic bottleneck in developing and developed cities is one of the prominent factors that are driving the growth of the market.
A hub motor is referred to an electric motor which is installed in the hub of the wheel. In this, instead of integrating the motors into the bicycle drivetrain, the hub motors are completely separate where electricity is run through copper wires for creating electromagnets thus creating a force and rotating the hub backward and forward.
Hub motors are mostly used in e-bikes which are used for leisure purposes, for mountaineering hikes, for casual cruising as well as for racing events. Mid-drive hub motor is widely used since it offers best of both front and back hub motors.
Government initiatives to reduce emission level are driving the market growth. The competition in the market is getting severe as market players are expanding their presence, service and support for Chinese market. For instance,
This E-bike hub motor market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
E-bike hub motor market is segmented on the basis of hub motor location, motor type, volt range, weight, battery type, class, sales channel and application/vehicle type. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of hub motor location, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into mid/centre hub motor, rear hub motor and front hub motor. In 2021, mid/centre hub motor accounted for largest market share in hub motor location segment and is expected to grow at highest CAGR as it is the most suited design for pedelec e-bike and pedal assisted e bikes which are widely consumed worldwide. Also, due to its better weight distribution mid drive hub motor based e bikes are preferred.
- On the basis of motor type, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into internally geared and direct drive hub motor. In 2021, internally geared accounted for largest market share in motor type segment and is expected to grow at highest CAGR owing to its smooth transition features along with less drag and low weight of motor.
- On the basis of volt range, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into more than 36 volt and less than 36 volt. In 2021, more than 36 volt accounted for largest market share in volt range segment and is expected to grow at highest CAGR as most of the e-bike operate on 36V and above due to its low cost high power ratio.
- On the basis of weight, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into more than 7 pounds and less than 7 pounds. In 2021, more than 7 pounds accounted for largest market share in weight segment and is expected to grow at highest as more of the motors weigh above 7 pounds. Further, the increasing weight of batteries due to requirement of higher wattage increases the weight of motor.
- On the basis of battery type, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into lithium-ion, lithium-ion polymer, nickel metal hydride, lead acid, sealed lead acid and others. In 2021, lithium-ion accounted for largest market share in battery type segment due to its less maintenance and longer durability. However, lithium ion polymer is expected to grow at highest CAGR as it is advanced version of lithium ion batteries with better durability
- On the basis of class type, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into class I (pedal assist/pedelec), class II (throttle) and class III (speed pedelec). In 2021, class I (pedal assist/pedelec) accounted for largest market share in class type segment and is expected to grow at highest CAGR as it gives features of cycling as well electric assistance for longer cruise.
- On the basis of sales channel, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into OEM and aftermarket. In 2021, OEM accounted for largest market share in sales channel segment and is expected to grow at highest CAGR considering aftermarket sales of e bike motors are rare occasion and demand for after sale of such motors is less.
- On the basis of application/vehicle, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into city/urban, cruise, mountain/trekking bikes, racing, cargo and others. In 2021, city/urban accounted for largest market share in application/vehicle segment and is expected to grow at highest CAGR as most of the e bikes purchased are used in urban areas for cost effective and eco-friendly commuting for short distances, for instance commuting to workplace or office.
Government Initiatives to Reduce Emission Level
E-bike hub motor market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in E-bike hub motor and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the E-bike Hub Motor market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and E-bike Hub Motor Market Share Analysis
E-bike hub motor market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, North America presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to China e-bike hub motor market.
The major players covered in the report are Hyena, Inc., ANANDA, SR SUNTOUR, MAHLE GmbH, Brose Fahrzeugteile SE & Co. KG, TranzX, Bafang Electric (Suzhou) Co., Ltd., Suzhou Shengyi Motor Co., Ltd, TDCM, Maxon, Robert Bosch GmbH, Heinzmann GmbH & Co. KG, Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd., CNEBIKES CO., LTD, CHANGZHOU GREEN PEDEL CO., LTD, CHANGZHOU MXUS IMP&EXP CO., LTD, and SHIMANO INC. among others. Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of E-bike hub motor market.
- In November 2020, CNEBIKES CO., LTD has passed ISO9001 certificate which is assigned for a quality management system (QMS). With this certification, the company can build trust among their customers and increase their business.
- In September 2018, Suzhou Shengyi Motor Co., Ltd was awarded with CREATIVE AWARD SELECTION for its third generation of Center Motor. The award was achieved by making the center motor adopt high level precision torque sensor and even more modularization installation. The achievement increased the recognition and visibility of the company in the market.
Production expansion, new product development and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for E-bike hub motor.
Customization Available: China E-Bike Hub Motor Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.