China Silicon Anode Material Battery Market By Raw Material (Silicon Compounds, Silicon Isotopes), Battery Application (Pure Anode Silicon Battery, SiliconX Battery), End-User (Automotive, Electronics, Energy and Power, Others) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026Silicon anode battery can be defined as the type of lithium ion battery within which silicon coating and silicon nanotubes are replaced with the anode in battery. It has major applicability in automotive, electronics and power and energy. Silicon anode has multiple advantages over graphite or lithium anode such as it has high energy storage and long life which results in longer lasting battery. It enables the long-lasting storage because of high potential store capability of silicon. Due to the lithium accumulation on the surface of the silicon the anode expands up to 4 times of its original size. Charge and discharge cycle for anode is generally short for silicon due to repeated expansion and contraction.
China silicon anode material battery market is projected to register a CAGR of 46.2% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: China Silicon Anode Material Battery Market
China silicon anode material battery market is segmented into three notable segments which are raw material, battery application and end user.
- On the basis of raw material, the market segmented into silicon compounds and silicon isotopes. Further silicon compound segment divided into silicon dioxide (silica), silicon oxide, silicon monoxide, silicon carbide (SIC) and others. Silicon isotopes further classified into 28SI, 29SI and 30SI. In 2019, silicon compounds segment is likely to grow at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In December 2018, Elkem Silicones opened a new R&D centre at its Saint-Fons site, in Lyon, France. This new R&D centre is built in order to support its global growth with the development of high value-added silicone specialties.
- On the basis of battery application, the market is segmented into pure anode silicon battery and siliconx battery. In 2019, siliconX battery segment is likely to grow at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In August 2018, Elkem ASA opened its new plant for foundry products in Paraguay. The company has expanded its business in Latin America by opening its first plant there.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into automotive, electronics, energy and power and others. In 2019, automotive segment is likely to grow at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In April 2018, Targray showcased its new product line of advanced materials for lithium-ion cell at the Battery Show Europe, 2018, in Hannover, Germany stations. The key highlights of the project include 150000 SF data hall, 50000 SF ancillary & office space. In total these all makes up to 330000 square feet.
Competitive Analysis: China Silicon Anode Material Battery Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are Targray Group, Elkem ASA, SHIN-ETSU CHEMICAL CO., LTD., JSR Corporation, Albemarle Corporation, NanoGraf Corporation, Ashland, Orange Power Ltd., BTR New Energy Material Ltd. and Nexeon Limited.
- In November, NEXEON LTD. was awarded for EV & Efficiency award from GP Bullhound. The award has made company more popular in the field of electronics.
- In April, XGscience has launched new graphene-based anode materials for Li-Ion batteries which have 4 times more capacity than traditional anode. The new launch has various applications in the market due to high capacity than traditional anode.
- In September, Orange power LTD has got approval from KOITA (government) for research center. Research center is most important for the company for innovation which further creates a new application for the market.
Research Methodology: China Silicon Anode Material Battery Market
Primary Respondents: Project Manager, Presidents, Engineers, Industrial Professionals.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.