Europe Knee Cartilage Repair Market, By Treatment (Cell-Based, Non-Cell-Based), Surgery (Osteochondral Autograft Transplantation, Osteochondral Allografts Transplantation, Microfacture, Drilling, Abrasion Arthroplasty, Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation), Devices (Implants, Osteotomy, Bone Grafts, Arthroscopy, Resurfacing, Arthrodesis, Others), Application (Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteonecrosis, Fractures, Bone Tumors, Others), End Users (Hospital, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Independent Centers) By Distribution Channel (Direct Sales, Third Party Distributor, Online Sales, Others), By country (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden and rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
Europe knee cartilage repair market is expected to reach USD 687.07 million by 2028 from USD 399.28 million in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 7.1% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028.
The term cartilage is derived from the Latin word “cartilago” which means chondros in Greek. The cartilage has been recognized as a vital tissue of the body has been there for ages. Aristotle was the first person to mention cartilage vaguely in the fourth century BC. A renowned anatomy surgeon has stated that “Cartilage injury is a troublesome thing and once injured is seldom repaired.” Since then, there has been a sudden interest in the research of cartilage repair. In 1997 The International cartilage repair society was founded in Switzerland, and at present, it has about 1300 members from 66 countries across the globe. Since Hippocrates in ancient Greece, the injury to the articular cartilage has been recognized as a cause of significant morbidity. Clinical articular cartilage repair has been for two decades, and it is a successful example of translational medicine.
Many companies are taking various strategic decisions such as acquisition and expansion to enhance their businesses; hence, the market is growing rapidly.
- In May 2016, Zimmer Biomet acquired Cayenne Medical, Inc., which produces and markets technically advanced soft tissue repair and reconstruction solutions for knee, shoulder, and extremities. This acquisition helped Zimmer Biomet acquire products such as CrossFix meniscal repair system from Cayenne Medical, Inc. and expand its products portfolio
This knee cartilage repair market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe knee cartilage repair market is segmented into six notable segments based on treatment, surgery, devices, application, end users and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of treatment, the knee cartilage repair market is segmented into cell-based and non-cell-based. In 2021, cell-based segment is expected to dominate the market due to its huge potential contribution towards its novel therapeutic strategies to repair osteochondral or chondral defects.
- On the basis of surgery, the knee cartilage repair market is segmented into osteochondral autograft transplantation, osteochondral allograft transplantation, micro fracture, drilling, abrasion arthroplasty, autologous chondrocyte implantation, and others. In 2021, the autologous chondrocyte implantation segment is expected to dominate the market as the cartilage cells are taken from the patient's body, leading to the reduced risk of graft rejection.
- On the basis of devices, the knee cartilage repair market is segmented into implants, osteotomy, bone grafts, arthroscopy, resurfacing, arthrodesis, and others. In 2021, implants segment is expected to dominate the market due to the increase in knee injury cases and the rise in implementation of favorable reimbursement policies for knee replacement surgeries.
- On the basis of application, the knee cartilage repair market is segmented into osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteonecrosis, fractures, bone tumors, and others. In 2021, osteoarthritis segment is expected to dominate the market due to increase in the prevalence of osteoarthritis due to an unhealthy lifestyle.
- On the basis of end user, the knee cartilage repair market is segmented into hospital, ambulatory surgical centers, and independent centers. Hospitals are sub-segmented into type and size. In 2021, the hospital segment is expected to dominate the market due to increased road accidents and sports-related injuries.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the knee cartilage repair market is segmented into third party distributor, online sales, direct sales, and others. In 2021, the direct sales segment is expected to dominate the market due to the customers' convenience.
Europe knee cartilage repair market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, treatment, surgery, devices, application, end users and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the Europe knee cartilage repair market report is Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden and rest of Europe.
Germany is expected to dominate the market due to high per capita income and higher healthcare expenditure. Furthermore, Italy is dominating due to increasing launches of knee cartilage repair instruments. Moreover, France is expected to growth exponentially, due to growing old age population.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Europe brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand Of Knee Cartilage Repair
Europe knee cartilage repair market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in knee cartilage repair and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Europe knee cartilage repair market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Europe Knee Cartilage Repair Market Share Analysis
Europe knee cartilage repair market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Europe knee cartilage repair market.
Some of the major players operating in the knee cartilage repair market are Smith+Nephew, Stryker, JRI Orthopaedics, Regentis Biomaterials Ltd., Inc., Zimmer Biomet, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Vericel Corporation, CONMED Corporation, BioTissue, Mathys AG Bettlach, DePuy Synthes (The Orthopedic franchise of Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.), Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Arthrex, Inc., Medacta International, and Waldemar Link GmbH & Co. KG among others.
Europe knee cartilage repair market is fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as collaboration, recognition, agreements and others to increase their footprints in the knee cartilage repair market.
- In March 2019, Stryker has launched a new visualization platform called 1688 AIM 4K platform which has several features like 4K resolution, auto-light technology for enhancing the efficiency of orthopaedic surgery and patient experience
Customization Available: Europe Knee Cartilage Repair Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.