Global 2D Machine Vision Market, By Component (Lighting, Lenses, Image Sensor, Vision Processing), By Application (Inspection, Gauging, Pattern Recognition, Identification, Location Analysis), By Platform (Standalone Vision Systems, Vision Sensors, Image Based Barcode Readers, Vision Controllers, Pc-Based), By Industry (Automotive, Semiconductor and Electronics, Food, Plastic, Metal, Healthcare, Logistic, Printing, Wood, Aerospace and Defense), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)- Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Global 2D Machine Vision Market is expected to reach USD 5,816.79 Million by 2025 and is projected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period 2018 to 2025. The new market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
The major factors driving the growth of this market are growing adoption of smartphones and increasing need for quality inspection in various industries. On the other hand complexities in integrating 2D machine vision systems may hinder the growth of the market are the factors which will boost the global 2D-machine vision market.
Market Segmentation: Global 2D Machine Vision Market
- The global 2D machine vision market is segmented based on component into five notable segments; lighting, lenses, image sensor, vision processing and communications. In 2018, lighting market is likely to dominate market in the forecast period.
- The global 2D machine vision market is segmented based on application into six notable segments; inspection, location analysis, pattern recognition, gauging, identification, others. The inspection segment can further be sub segmented into packaging, product, and surface. In 2018, inspection market will dominate the market. It is growing at the highest CAGR in the assessment period.
- The global 2D machine vision market is segmented based on industry into ten notable segments; semiconductor & electronics, logistics, metal ,food, plastic, healthcare, automotive, printing , food, aerospace and defense industries. In 2018, the automotive market is estimated to dominate market with highest shares and rising with the highest CAGR.
- The global 2D-machine vision market is segmented based on platform into four notable segments; pc-based, vision controllers, standalone vision systems, vision sensors and image-based barcode readers. In 2018, standalone vision systems market is expected to dominate growing at the highest in the forecast period.
- The global 2D machine vision market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market
- Based on geography, the market is segmented into 5 geographical regions, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East and Africa.
Key Drivers: Global 2D Machine Vision Market
Some of the major factors driving the market for global 2D machine vision market are increase in smartphone usage and increasing need for quality inspection in various industries are boosting the market growth.
Complexity in integrating 2D machine vision system is the factor that’s hampering the growth of the global 2D machine vision market.
Key Points: Global 2D Machine Vision Market
Cognex Corporation is going to dominate the global 2D machine vision market followed by OMRON Corporation, National Instruments Corporation and SICK AG.
- The component segment is dominating the global 2D-machine vision market.
- Industry segment is expected to grow with the highest CAGR in the forecast period 2018 to 2025.