Market Analysis: Global 3D Metrology Market
The Global 3D Metrology Market accounted for USD 11.30 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global 3D Metrology Market
3D metrology is required in the automotive industry for inspection, measurement, and quality checking of various components. The automotive industry has been increasingly using optical measurement systems and CMMs, instead of conventional strain gauges, accelerometers, transducers, and extensometers for improving the safety and comfort level of a vehicle. The increasing involvement of companies into mergers, acquisitions, and alliances, rising number of product launches, and the accelerated research and development activities are expected to raise the potential market. For instance, In February 2018, InnovMetric Software Inc. acquired Prefixa Vision Systems, a Mexican metrology software provider. With this acquisition, InnovMetric, a leading 3D metrology solution provider, is looking to expand their capabilities with the support of local expertise in the form of Prefixa. In February 2018, Safran Landing Systems, a leading designer and manufacturer of landing gear systems, deployed robotic inspection system to do metrology checking of their products. The robotic system includes ABB robot, Creaform 3D scanner integrated with metrology software. In January 2018, SHINING 3D introduced 3D metrology scanner named “EaScan II” capable of scanning of heavy and large objects with high speed and accuracy rate. The scanner can also perform measurement of dimensions and complex structure of a product with high speed thereby improve the efficiency.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- The highly accurate inspection owing to 3D data for modelling
- Growing IoT market
- Inability of traditional measurement devices to address many manufacturing issues
- Growing quality requirement in industrial products
- Emerging high tech robots serviceable in automation, energy harvesting, and semiconductor wafer inspection
Market Segmentation: Global 3D Metrology Market
- The global 3D metrology market is segmented based on offering, product, application, end-user and geographical segments.
- Based on offering, the market is segmented into hardware, software and services.
- On the basis of product, the market is segmented into (Portable CMM- Bridge CMM, Gantry CMM, horizontal arm CMM, cantilever CMM, fixed CMM, articulated arm CMM, optical digitizer & scanner (ODS), 3d laser scanner, structured light scanner, laser tracker ,video measuring machine (VMM) ,measuring microscope , multisensor measuring system and automated optical inspection
- On the basis of application the market is segmented into automotive, aerospace, construction, power and medical.
- On the basis of end-user the market is segmented into aerospace & defense, aircraft components, defense, space exploration, automotive design & styling, pilot plant metrology, automotive component inspection, architecture & construction , medical, orthopaedics & prosthetics, medical devices, turbines (gas, wind, hydro), geospatial and others.
- Based on geography, the global 3D metrology market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Landscape: Global 3D Metrology Market
The global 3D metrology market is consolidated due to the presence of limited number of players concentrated in few countries. These major players have adopted various organic as well as inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, and others to strengthen their position in this market.
Major Market Competitors: Global 3D Metrology Market
Top players operating in the market consist of FARO Technologies, Inc., HEXAGON, Nikon, MISTRAS Group, Inc., Carl Zeiss, Basler AG, , Olympus Corporation, Zetec, Inc.,Mitutoyo America C, GOM, Creaform , 3D Digital Corp, Perceptron, 3D Systems, Inc., Zebicon, Zygo, SHINING 3D TECH. among others.
Research Methodology: Global 3D Metrology Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more Please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.