Global Antimicrobial Textiles Market By Agents (Synthetic Organic Compounds, Metal & Metallic Salts, Bio-Based), Finishing Techniques (Exhaust, Pad-Dry-Cure, Spraying, Foam Finishing Method), Application (Commercial, Apparel, Medical, Home), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026 – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Antimicrobial Textiles Market
Global antimicrobial textiles market is projecting to register a substantial CAGR of 8.0% in the forecast period of 2019-2026 due to increasing demand from the healthcare industry, growing consumer awareness towards hygienic and healthier products and wide spreading epidemics.
Market Definition: Global Antimicrobial Textiles Market
Antimicrobial fabrics and textiles are fibre based substrates to which antimicrobial agents have been applied at the surface, rendering a product that kills or inhibits the growth of microorganisms. It has its wide application in commercial, apparel, medical and home. Increasing demand from the healthcare industry may act as the major driver in the growth of antimicrobial fabrics market. On the other side, fluctuation in raw material prices may hamper the market.
- Increasing demand from the healthcare industry
- Growing consumer awareness towards hygienic and healthier products
- Wide spreading epidemics
- Rise in number of safe and durable finishes
- Fluctuation in raw material prices
- Stringent Government regulation over the use of chemical
- Alternative of chemicals in the market may hinder the growth
Segmentation: Global Antimicrobial Textiles Market
- Synthetic Organic Compounds
- Quaternary Ammonium Compound
- Polyhexamethylene Biguanide (PHMB)
- Zinc Pyrithione
- Metal & Metallic Salts
By Finishing Technique
- Foam Finishing Method
- Protective Wear
- Outdoor Clothing
- Surgical Supplies & Wipes
- Sheets & Blankets
- Curtains & Drapes
- Socks & Shoe Inserts
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, a new antimicrobial brand line was launched by the Devan. It has extra features which allow textile manufacturers to operate multiple functionalities in one single treatment.
- In September 2013, antimicrobial surface delivery system ‘SILVADUR’ which has the tendency to optimise the use of chemicals, simultaneously giving better performance was launched by DOW Chemical Co.
Global antimicrobial textiles market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of antimicrobial textiles market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global antimicrobial textiles market are Microban International, Sciessent LLC, UNITIKA LTD, BASF SE, Dow, Lonza, BioCote Limited, Trevira GmbH, Herculite, Milliken Chemical, Vestagen Protective Technologies, Inc., Resil Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Archroma, HeiQ Materials AG, smartfiber AG, PurThread Technologies Inc, and others.
Research Methodology: Global Antimicrobial Textiles Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved