Market Analysis: Global Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Market
Global Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Market is expected to rise gradually to an estimated value of USD 17.57 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.7% in the forecast period of 2019-2026 with the annual sales in 2018 accounted for USD 10.46 billion. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing awareness and concerns regarding the health of infants.
Market Definition: Global Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Market
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder is defined as a brain disorder in which the patient is hyperactive, impulsive and lacks attention. The cause of this disorder is not yet known but it is expected that a no. of factors like genes, pre-natal brain injuries, exposure of toxins etc. are responsible for ADHD.
According to National Survey Children Health (NSCH), there were an estimated 6.1 million children reported to be suffering from ADHD, almost more than half of these cases could have been avoided with the availability of proper medical equipment and devices for healthcare procedures. This significant number is expected to act as a driver to the market growth.
- Increase in focus & advancements in medical field to develop innovative products for ADHD.
- Increase in awareness about mental illness among people.
- Strict government & regulatory guidelines, and increase in the cost of the medication may hamper the market.
- Limited availability of non-stimulants ADHD drugs will restrain the market.
Segmentation: Global Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Market
By Drug Type
- Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate
By Therapy Type
- Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Family Therapy
- Specialty Clinics
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacy
By Demographic type
- Adult (Aged 18 and above)
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- On 20th June 2017, Shire Pharmaceuticals received the US-FDA approval for its product Mydayis, which is Adderall XR (Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine) with the extended delivery. The company has worked on increasing the product life-cycle to generate the revenue. This will help company to grow in the ADHD therapeutic market.
- On 7th December 2015, Pfizer Inc. has got US-FDA approval for innovative chewable tablets of Methylphenidate under the product name QUILLICHEW ER (extended-release) for patients of 6 and above age group.
Competitive Analysis: Global Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Market
Global attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder market are Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (Japan), Neos Therapeutics, Inc. (U.S.), Eli Lilly and Company (U.S.), Pfizer Inc. (U.S.), Alcobra Ltd. (Israel), Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (U.S.), Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (U.S.), Novartis AG (Switzerland), Johnson & Johnson (U.S.), and Curemark, LLC. (U.S.), MonoSol Rx(U.S.), KemPharm, Inc. (U.S.), Neurosigma, Inc. (U.S.), Impax Laboratories, LLC (US), Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co.,Inc. (Singapore), Mallinckrodt (UK), UCB S.A. (Belgium), Purdue Pharma L.P. (US), Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (US) and Actavis (U.S.) and few among others.
Research Methodology: Global Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)