Global Automotive Windshield Market, By Position (Front Windshield, Rear Windshield), Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars (PC), Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV), Heavy Commercial Vehicle (HCV)), Glass type (Laminated Glass, Tempered Glass), Material Type (Thermoset Material, Thermoplastic Material), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Automotive Windshield Market
The Global Automotive Windshield Market is expected to reach USD 23.08 billion by 2025, from USD 13.95 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for the historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Automotive Windshield Market
Windshield is a transparent screen, which is a part of the vehicle that protects the passenger. The glass which is used in the manufacturing of windshield contain oxides namely potassium oxide, magnesium oxide and aluminium oxide. Safety glass is used as a windshield and they meet certain specifications like chemical durability, impact resistance and strength. These standards are developed by American Society for Testing of Materials (ASTM). The auto glass and windshield parts need to be strong and should be of highest quality to maintain its durability. Strengthening of windshield improves the structural integrity of the car and greatly increases the safety of the passenger and rigidity of the windshield strengthens the frame of the entire vehicle. According to the Department of Commerce, 25% of flat glass production is consumed by the automotive industry (including windows) at a total value of approximately USD 483 billion. In Japan, 30% of flat glass goes to the automotive industry valued at around USD 190 billion in 1989.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing automobile production
- Increasing use of Windshield for latest display technologies
- Increasing vehicle sales and vehicle parts.
- Increasing urban population
- Increasing disposable income of middle class population
- Fluctuating prices of glass raw materials.
- Use of windshield for augmented reality application
Market Segmentation: Global Automotive Windshield Market
- The global automotive windshield market is segmented based on position, vehicle type, glass type, material type and geographical segments.
- Based on Position, the market is segmented into front windshield, rear windshield.
- On the basis of vehicle type, the market is classified into passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, heavy commercial vehicle.
- On the basis of glass type, the market is classified into laminated glass, tempered glass.
- On the basis of material type, the market is classified into thermoset material and thermoplastic material
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2017, LiquidNano Inc. (U.S.) launched a highly innovative product, LiquidNano Windshield, which is a Liquid Glass Protector for automotive windshields.. Through this product launch the company had enhanced its product portfolio. The company also offered increased protection for automotive windshields against stone and chip damage.
- In August 2015, the Asahi India Glass Limited (India) launched Glasxperts and Windshield Experts. Through this product launch the company has expanded its windshield business.
Competitive Analysis: Global Automotive Windshield Market
The global automotive windshield market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of automotive windshield market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Automotive Windshield Market
Some of the major players operating in the global automotive windshield market are AGC Inc., SGG, Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd, Vitro, Central Glass Co., DURA AUTOMOTIVES SYSTEMS, Shenzhen Benson Automobile Glass Co., Sisecam Group, GAURDIAN INDUSTRIES, Magna International Inc., T&S Auto Glass, Fuyao Group, GUARDIAN GLASS, Nordglass group, Olimpia Auto Glass Inc., PPG Industries, Shatterprufe, OGIS GmbH , Star Auto Glass, Glaston Corporation, Xinyi Glass Holdings Limited and among others.
Research Methodology: Global Automotive Windshield Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Ceramic Engineers, Engineer, Industrial professionals, Researchers.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global automotive windshield market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.
Customization of the Report
- The report includes the complete segmentation displayed above across all above mentioned countries.
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization).