Market Analysis: Global Baggage Handling System Market
Global Baggage handling system is expected to rise to estimate to rise to a value of 15.04 billion by 2026 registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the developments in airport infrastructure, increase in the number of air passengers and significant improvements in intermodal transport.
Market Definition: Global Baggage Handling System Market
Baggage handling system are those conveyor handling systems that are placed in airports and railways to transport the customer baggage from the respective baggage counter to the place where they are checked into the flights, aircrafts, railways, and vice versa. BHS helps to reduce aircraft turnover time and ensure maximum passenger convenience and comfort.
- Increase in the number of passengers traveling by air due to their convenience, connectivity, cheap and easily available fares
- Rising cases of luggage mishandling or misplacing also drives the growth of this market
- Improvements in the infrastructure of airports and deployment of smart airports stimulates the growth of this market
- Rising focus of multi modal transport across the globe boosts the growth of this market
- Rising use of IoT and connected devices would further add to growth of this market
- High cost of installation and maintenance restrains the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Baggage Handling System Market
By Mode of Transport
- Check-In, Screening & Load
- Conveying & Sorting
- Unload & Reclaim
By Check-in Service Type
- Assisted Service
- Self Service
By Tracking Technology
- Barcode System
- Radio-Frequency Identification System (RFID)
- Destination Coded Vehicle (DCV)
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2018, CHECKITXPRESS BAG DROP was launched by the collaboration agreement between Glidepath and the innovation centre of Vancouver International Airport - Innovative Travel Solutions (ITS). This unique and innovative conveyor facilitates the passengers to conveniently wheel their baggage whilst the camera would quickly and precisely scan the tags on the luggage. With this innovation, the involvement of agents has been removed, and ensures maximum convenience to passengers, preventing bag tampering and ensuring safety of passengers while moving on the conveyor belts. This launch revolutionises the baggage handling systems market, by enhancing customer satisfaction and safety.
- In October 2017, Vanderlande displayed FLEET, its innovative baggage logistics solution which is developed on the basis of automated guided vehicle (AGV) technology, and its latest developments on advanced passenger checkpoint solutions. FLEET removes the need for fixed conveyors and sorting systems allowing every passenger vehicle to carry a single bag automatically determining its route through the airport. Each individual vehicle carries a single bag and determines its route through an airport. Priority can also be given to certain vehicles at times of emergency to ensure maximum satisfaction and convenience to the passengers.
Competitive Analysis: Global Baggage Handling System Market
Global baggage handling system market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of baggage handling system market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Baggage Handling System Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the baggage handling system market are Siemens, Daifuku Co., Ltd., Vanderlande Industries B.V., Pteris Global Limited, Fives, Glidepath Limited, Logplan, G&S Airport Conveyer., BEUMER GROUP, SICK AG, Alstef - Développement Atmedia Communication, Babcock International Group PLC, SITA, Smiths Detection Group Ltd., Scarabee, ICM Airport Technics, An Amadeus Company, Diversified Conveyors International, LLC and KINEMATIK, Ammeraal Beltech, BB Computer Engineering AS, China international Marine Containers (Group) Ltd, Habasit, Rapiscan Systems, PSI Logistics GmbH amongst others.
Research Methodology: Global Baggage Handling System Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved