Global Battery Separator Market, By Battery Type (Li-Ion, Lead Acid, Others), End-Use Industry (Automotive, Industrial, Consumer Electronics, Others), Material (Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Battery Separator Market
Global Battery Separator Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 3.22 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 8.17 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 12.35% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the high demand of electronic devices.
Market Definition: Global Battery Separator Market
Battery separators are a type of division placed between the structures of anode and cathode. It is used to prevent the two from mixing and it act as a catalyst between the two, preventing short circuit and also enabling the transferring of charge between the two. It is kept moist with electrolytes for this reason only.
- Growth of the electric vehicles industry resulting in increased demand of battery separators is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- High demand of batteries caused by the enhanced levels of li-ion battery with the usage of separators
- Concerns regarding the environment and regulations pertaining the usage of batteries in relation to their safety is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Battery Separator Market
- By Battery Type
- Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)
- Lead Acid
- By End-Use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- By Material
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2016, TORAY INDUSTRIES INC. announced their decision to take over their subsidiary “Toray Battery Separator Film Co.” manufacturer and marketer of separators of li-ion secondary batteries (LIB). This decision comes to enhance the structure and foundations of LIB separator business.
- In September 2016, Dreamweaver International in collaboration with Glatfelter announced the launch of their first battery separator for li-ion batteries. Equipped with the latest technology providing enhanced safety and storage of energy improving the battery cycle significantly.
Competitive Analysis: Global Battery Separator Market
Global battery separator market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of battery separator market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Battery Separator Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the battery separator market are TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.; Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation; SK innovation Co., Ltd; Electrovaya; ENTEK; UBE INDUSTRIES,LTD.; Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.; DowDuPont; Eaton; Targray; Asahi Kasei Corporation; Cangzhou Mingzhu Plastic Co., Ltd.; W-SCOPE CORPORATION; CYG Chinaly New Material Co.,LTD; TEIJIN LIMITED; Freudenberg Group; Hollingsworth & Vose; AMER-SIL S.A.; B&F Technology Limited; Bernard Dumas; Foshan Jinhui Hi-Tech Optoelectronic Material Co.,Ltd.; Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd; and JNC Corporation.
Research Methodology: Global Battery Separator Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved