Global Bioburden Testing Market By Test Type (Aerobic, Anaerobic, Fungi, Spore), Product Type (Instruments (PCR, Automated Microbial Identification Systems, Microscopes, Others), Consumables (Kits & Strips, Reagents, Others), Technology (Microbial Filter Method, Advanced Colorimetric Method, Plate Count Method, Rapid Testing), Application (Raw Material Testing, In-Process Testing, Medical Device Testing, Pharmaceutical & Cosmetic Testing, Sterilization Validation Testing, Food and Beverage Testing, Equipment Cleaning Validation), End-User (Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Industrial, Agriculture, Food & Beverages, Medical Device Manufacturers, Microbial testing Laboratories), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Bioburden Testing Market
Global bioburden testing market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 1121.65 million by 2026 registering a substantial CAGR of 9.9% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to growth in the medical devices, pharma and biotechnology industries, rising concerns of safety and health related to food and beverage products; and rising number of incidences of microbial contamination.
Market Definition: Global Bioburden Testing Market
Bioburden testing is the method of calculating the load of microorganisms, in or on a medical instrument, raw material, packaged goods among others. The results from bioburden testing are used to determine the sterilization methods to be used while processing the material. Every measurement requires a definitive unit to quantify it; in bioburden testing the unit is CFU (Colony forming Units) per gram or per square centimeter.
- Rising use of bioburden testing for quality check in medical, biotechnological, and pharmaceutical products
- Growing awareness amongst people about bioburden testing because of microbial contamination would stimulate the growth of this market
- Rising concerns of safety of food and beverages boosts the use of bioburden testing
- Rising number of product recalls from the market due to microbial contamination
- Rising R&D investment activities in the life sciences and pharma industries
- Significant improvements made in the healthcare facilities
- Rising number of product recalls and advertisements because of the increased microbial contamination
- Time-consuming and stringent regulatory standards
- Expensive cost of instruments
Segmentation: Global Bioburden Testing Market
By Test Type
By Product Type
- Automated Microbial Identification Systems
- Kits & Strips
- Microbial Filter Method
- Advanced Colorimetric Method
- Plate Count Method
- Rapid Testing
- Raw Material Testing
- In-Process Testing
- Medical Device Testing
- Pharmaceutical & Cosmetic Testing
- Sterilization Validation Testing
- Food and Beverage Testing
- Equipment Cleaning Validation
By End User
- Food & Beverages
- Medical Device Manufacturers
- Microbial testing Laboratories
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2018, Charles River, the beast of bioburden testing, has completely acquired MPI Research, a premier nonclinical contract research organization (CRO). With this purchase Charles River would enrich and expand it client base, by mastering its expertise drug discovery and development continuum.
- In October 2018, SGS SA acquired INTER-BASIC RESOURCES, INC. (IBR), a non-clinical contract research organization (CRO). IBR Inc. is a leader in state-of-art testing and biopharma analytics for the construction of biologics, biosimilars and vaccines, and delivers various filter testing and particle counting services. With this acquisition, SGS SA would broaden its filtration services, thereby expand its customer base and customer services.
Competitive Analysis: Global Bioburden Testing Market
Global bioburden testing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of bioburden testing market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Bioburden Testing Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the bioburden testing market are Charles River, Pacific Bio labs, Inc., Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and/or its affiliates., SGS S.A., WuXi AppTec, BD., Merck & Co., Inc., North American Science Associates Inc., Nelson Laboratories, LLC, Dynatec Labs, Applied Technical Services, Thermo Fisher Scientific, bioMérieux SA, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Bioburden Testing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global bioburden testing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)