Global Branded Generics Market By Product Type (Value-Added Branded Generics, Trade Named Generics), Therapeutic Application (Oncology, Cardiovascular Diseases, Diabetes, Neurology, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Dermatology Diseases, Analgesics & Anti-Inflammatory, Others), Drug Class (Alkylating Agents, Antimetabolites, Hormones, Anti-Hypertensive, Lipid Lowering Drugs, Anti-Depressants, Anti-Psychotics, Anti-Epileptic, Others), Consumption Type (Oral, Parenteral, Topical, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Branded Generics Market
Global Branded Generics Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 232.83 billion in 2018 to a projected value of USD 421.15 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.69% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to growing need for cheaper treatment options and pharmaceutical drugs required by patients.
Market Definition: Global Branded Generics Market
Branded generic can be defined as those pharmaceutical drugs that have been re-released with a different brand name. These drugs are produced by various pharmaceutical manufacturing companies as the patent of this drug has already expired and the generic drugs are sold at a lower cost. Even though, there isn’t any difference in the quality or manufacturing process of the drug.
- Growth in the number of patents expired and expiring for the branded drugs; this factor is one of the major factors driving the market growth
- Growth in the incidents and population suffering from chronic diseases and disorders; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Lack of penetration associated with the number of generic drugs worldwide; this factor is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Branded Generics Market
- By Product Type
- Value-Added Branded Generics
- Trade (Brand) Named Generics
- By Therapeutic Application
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Dermatology Diseases
- Analgesics & Anti-Inflammatory
- By Drug Class
- Alkylating Agents
- Lipid Lowering Drugs
- By Consumption Type
- By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2019, Hetero announced the launch of generic version of “lapatinib” in India, which will be commercialized as “Hertab” by Hetero Healthcare Ltd.
- In February 2018, Hetero announced the launch of a generic fixed-dose combination (FDC) drug of “emtricitabine” and “tenofovir alafenamide” in India. The product has already been approved by Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) will be commercialized as “Tafero-EM” by Hetero Healthcare Ltd.
- In November 2017, Eris Lifesciences Limited announced that they had agreed to acquire the branded generics division of Strides Shasun Limited. This acquisition will help in establishing Eris Lifesciences Limited as one of the top ten companies worldwide for Central Nervous System treatment segment.
Competitive Analysis: Global Branded Generics Market
Global branded generics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of branded generics market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Branded Generics Market
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.; Zydus Cadila; Hetero; AstraZeneca; Mylan N.V.; Novartis AG; Pfizer Inc.; GlaxoSmithKline plc; Aspen Holdings; Bausch Health; Eris Lifesciences Limited; Par Pharmaceutical; Sanofi; Apotex Inc.; Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.; Abbott; Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.; Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; ALLERGAN; Stada Arzneimittel; Cipla Inc. and EVA PHARMA are few of the major competitors currently working in the branded generics market.
Research Methodology: Global Branded Generics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global branded generics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)