Global Data Center Rack PDU Market By Rack PDU Type (Basic, Metered, Monitored, Managed/Switched), Product (Intelligent Rack PDU, Non-Intelligent Rack PDU), Data Center Type (Colocation, Hosting, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Data Center Rack PDU Market
Global data center rack PDU market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 7.64% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing volume of data centers established globally, along with an enhanced focus on constructing of data centers.
Market Definition: Global Data Center Rack PDU Market
Data center rack PDU (Power Distribution Unit) are data center-based electrical component offering similar functionality of a conventional data center. It offers distribution of energy/power as it is equipped with different outlet units, while also protecting the components against overload of power or power shortage. This component helps in better efficiency of performance, while reducing the incidences of downtime.
- Growing focus on utilizing the limited amount of space available in various data center infrastructures; this factor is expected to boost the growth of the market
- Growth in the levels of energy consumption from various data centers can boost the market growth
- Innovations in product range and advancement of technology giving rise to availability of smart PDUs is expected to propel the growth of the market
- Growing focus on the availability of different variations of data centers such as hyperscale, modular is acting as the major growth factors for this market
- Growing complications associated with the data center construction designing and operations can hinder the market growth
- Availability of low-cost alternatives can hamper the market growth
- Lack of budget availability is expected to act as a restraint for this market
Segmentation: Global Data Center Rack PDU Market
By Rack Power Distribution Unit (PDU) Type
- Intelligent Rack Power Distribution Unit (PDU)
- Non-Intelligent Rack Power Distribution Unit (PDU)
By Data Center Type
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, Gateview Technologies announced that they will exhibit their “PowerLok rack PDU” at the DCD (Data Center Dynamics) being held in New York, United States from April 8-9, 2019. The product is expected to be commercially available by October, 2019 offering users high levels of quality in productivity, efficiency and reliability of performance
- In January 2018, Vertiv Group Corp. announced that they had agreed to acquire Geist, with the company based out of Nebraska, United States and dealing in manufacturing of rack power distribution units (PDUs) and various other data center components and accessories. This acquisition will help Vertiv Group in expansion of production and management of data center components and accessories
Global data center rack PDU market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of data center rack PDU market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global data center rack PDU market are Vertiv Group Corp.; Schneider Electric; Tripp Lite; Eaton; Rittal GmbH & Co. KG; Legrand; Black Box Corporation; Schleifenbauer; FUJITSU; Cisco; Cyber Power Systems (USA), Inc.; ATEN INTERNATIONAL Co., Ltd.; Austin Hughes Electronics Ltd.; Chatsworth Products; Conteg; Delta Power Solutions; Crenlo; Digipower Manufacturing Inc.; Enlogic; Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.; Prism; Panduit; Siemon; Gateview Technologies; Socomec; Server Technology, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP among others.
Research Methodology: Global Data Center Rack PDU Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved