Market Analysis: Global Digital Pills Market
Global digital pills market is estimated to reach USD 0 302.70 million by 2026 registering a substantial CAGR of 7.90% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the rising prevalence of chronic diseases and the advancements in tracking tools.
Market Definition: Global Digital Pills Market
Digital pills is an ingestible sensors, micro sized, connected to small wearable skin sensor patch, which transmits the composed data to the connected digital device such as smartphones. The data collected from digital pills are stored and then patients are enables to share the data with their physicians and caretaker.
- Rising Prevalence in chronic diseases stimulates the demand for digital pills, as they are used for the treatment of such diseases
- Decreased expenses from wasted medications
- Faster recovery times from greater adherence to treatment regimens, and quick results boost the growth of this market
- Rising R&D investments as well as technological advancement by manufactures in tracking tools have led to transformation in digital pills
- Increasing prevalence of disease such as diabetes and other cardiovascular disorders and the need for their treatment via controlled dosage
- Smart pills give an exact drug delivery, increased development in endoscopy processes, and monitoring the results of patients irrespective of location are stimulating people people to adopt this technology
- Lack of knowledge pertaining to digital pills hinders the growth during the forthcoming years
Segmentation: Global Digital Pills Market
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
By End User
- Home Care Settings
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Otsuka and Magellan Health together have launched their first digital pill AbilfyMyCite, to treat mental health disorders. It has a Proteus Digital Health sensor embedded in the tablet, wherein all the information is linked and downloaded on a Bluetooth enabled device
- In December 2018, ResMed, a world leading health company in cloud-connected medical devices acquired Propeller Health, a digital therapeutics company that deals the medication problems of people suffering with COPD and asthma. Propellers digital medicines consists of small sensors which are attached to the inhaler pumps of consumers and linked with a mobile app to automatically track medication use and provide immediate response and generate feedback
- In March 2018, -PEAR Therapeutics, the pioneering leader in FDA-cleared prescription digital therapeutic entered into an affirmative agreement with Novartis, a pharma company to develop digital therapeutics for schizophrenia and multiple sclerosis (MS). These digital pills are software applications developed to strategically improve clinical results for patients. This would merge Novartis’ expertise in neurological disorders, clinical development, and commercialization with PEAR’s expertise in prescription digital therapeutic design and implementation
Competitive Analysis: Global Digital Pills Market
Global digital pills market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of digital pills market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Digital Pills Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the digital pills market are Proteus Digital Health., Ostuka Holdings Co., Ltd., 2morrow Inc., Ginger, Puretech Health, Livongo Health, Alivecor, Inc., Welldoc, Inc., Omada Health, Inc., Novartis Ag, Yuza., Abbott, Mocacare, Gentag, Inc., Irhythm Technologies, Inc., Leaf Healthcare, Inc., Perficient, Inc., Olympus Corporation, Bdd Limited, Capsocam Plus, Medtronic, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Digital Pills Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global digital pills market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)