Market Analysis: Global Dyslipidemia Market
Global dyslipidemia market is expected to rise gradually to an estimated value of USD 27.52 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 10.50% in the forecast period of 2019-2026 with the annual sales of USD 12.38 billion in the year of 2018. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increase in prevalence and awareness along with concerns regarding the health of patients.
Market Definition: Global Dyslipidemia Market
Dyslipidemia is a condition in which the levels of lipids (cholesterol, triglycerides, or both) or low high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol level elevated due to multiple reasons including lifestyle, genetics-disorders, drugs etc.
According to World Health Organization, there were approximately 17.9 million people in 2016, who died from cardiovascular diseases, almost more than half of these cases could have been avoided with the availability of proper medical treatment. This significant number is expected to act as a driver to the market growth.
- Increase in global geriatric population
- Increase in prevalence of lifestyle diseases
- Rise in acceptance of telemental health
- Increase in availability of generic drugs
- Lack of R&D initiatives in this area.
- patent expiry for some blockbuster drugs
- Fewer Government initiatives taken in this direction.
Segmentation: Global Dyslipidemia Market
By Product type
- Statin Drugs
- Non-Statin Lipid–Lowering Drugs
- Bile Acid Sequestrants
- Cholesterol Absorption Inhibitor
- Nicotinic Acid
- PCSK9 Monoclonal Antibodies
- omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Combination Products
- Bile Acid Sequestrants
- Primary dyslipidemia
- Secondary dyslipidemia
By Distribution Channel
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Drug Store
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
By End- User
- Hospital and Clinics
- Medical laboratories
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In the year 2018, Sanofi and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced that Praluent (alirocumab) in phase 3 clinical trialdemonstrated the risk of major adverse cardiovascular events (MACE) in patients who had suffered a recent acute coronary syndrome (ACS) event such as a heart attack.
- In the year 2018, Amgen Inc. announced the launch of Repatha (Evolocumab) in the US for the indication of heart attacks and stroke due to high cholesterol at a reduced price to gain more customers.
- In the year 2015, WuXi PharmaTech announced its partnership with Eli Lilly to develop, manufacture, and commercializes in China a Lilly-discovered oral experimental drug for cardiovascular risk in patients with dyslipidemia.
Competitive Analysis: Global Dyslipidemia Market
Global dyslipidemia market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of dyslipidemia market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Dyslipidemia Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the Dyslipidemia market are AstraZeneca (UK), Merck, Pfizer, Sanofi, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Amarin Corporation, Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Cerenis, Cipla Inc., CJ HealthCare, CKD Bio, Daewoong Pharmaceutical, Daiichi Sankyo, Eli Lilly, Esperion Therapeutics, GlaxoSmithKline, JW Pharmaceuticals, Kadmon Pharmaceuticals, Lupin Pharmaceuticals and few among others.
Research Methodology: Global Dyslipidemia Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global dyslipidemia market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)