Market Analysis: Global Food Thickeners Market
Global food thickeners market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 21.21 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rising levels of disposable income of individuals resulting in adoption of nutritious convenience foods utilizing organic raw materials.
Market Definition: Global Food Thickeners Market
Food thickeners are food modifying agents that are used for the modification of texture, structure of food & beverages. They are used to increase the thickness of food & beverages, helping absorb the water content in the edibles once they are integrated in the products. These products are majorly utilized for the modification of viscosity of these products giving them a consistent overall structure.
- Increasing levels of preference for convenience foods is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Changes in lifestyle of the consumers resulting in increased focus on their diet; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Benefits associated with the product offering more than just thickening capabilities at low costs is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Requirement of large capital investments for the innovations and further development of the products is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Dependency on raw materials whose prices are vulnerable and fluctuating resulting in high costs of the products; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Food Thickeners Market
- Egg Whites
- Guar Gum
- Gelatin Gum
- Agar Agar
- Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC)
- By Form
- Dairy & Frozen Desserts
- Sauces, Dressings, Marinades & Gravies
- Convenience & Processed Foods
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, CP Kelco U.S. Inc. announced that they are looking to introduce a new product portfolio, termed as “NUTRAVA Citrus Fiber”, which focuses on the natural clean-label products demand from the consumers. The product will act as a thickening agent, stabilizer, and offers gelling & water-binding features for beverages, dairy products, bakery, meats, sauces, gravies, soups and others.
- In September 2017, NIPPON PAPER INDUSTRIES CO., LTD. announced the launch of their cellulose nanofiber manufacturing plant at their Gotsu, Japan mill. The new facility will be focusing on developing cellulose nanofiber for food & cosmetics application and the company is hoping to build an enhanced network of supply chain providing the product to a number of end-users.
- In April 2017, Nestlé Health Science and Chinese Stroke Association announced the establishment of a collaboration which will be focused on the diagnosis and management of “dysphagia” for patients suffering from strokes. Nestlé Health Science will provide their “Thicken Up” product which is a thickening agent that allows modification of food & beverages’ textures resulting in better swallowing capabilities in patients.
Competitive Analysis: Global Food Thickeners Market
Global food thickeners market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of food thickeners market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Food Thickeners Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global food thickeners market are TIC Gums, Inc.; Ashland; Cargill, Incorporated; Tate & Lyle; CP Kelco U.S. Inc.; Darling Ingredients Inc.; Archer Daniels Midland Company; Fuerst Day Lawson; DuPont; NIPPON PAPER INDUSTRIES CO., LTD.; Kerry Group; Ingredion Incorporated; Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG; NATUREX; Medline Industries, Inc.; Hormel Foods Corporation and Nestlé Health Science.
Research Methodology: Global Food Thickeners Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure