Market Analysis: Global Liver Cirrhosis Drug Market
Global liver cirrhosis drugs market is rise gradually to an estimated value of USD 66.01 Billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 10.5% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing awareness and concerns regarding the health of patients.
Market Definition: Global Liver Cirrhosis Drug Market
Liver Cirrhosis is chronic injury to the liver which results in damage or liver might stop functioning due to chronic consumption of alcohol products, long term liver infection, defects in immune system and obesity etc. Liver cirrhosis develops slowly and it takes many years to develop. The patient with liver cirrhosis disease experience tiredness or unwell, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, white nail, dark urine and disturbed sleep pattern.
According to the survey report published BMJ Publishing Group Ltd, it is identified that from the year 1999 to 2016 in the United States the annual cirrhosis dead rate is increases by 65% to over 34174. The increase in prevalence of liver diseases, chronic consumption of alcohol and adoption of unhealthy diet are the factors contributing to rise in liver cirrhosis drugs market.
- Increase in prevalence rate of Liver Cirrhosis Disease
- Exposure to certain toxin or change in environment may increase the Liver Cirrhosis disease.
- Chronic consumption of tobacco smoke and alcohol.
- Patient who have experienced a long term long-term Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C infection.
- Patient who are clinically over- weight and have fatty liver.
- Rising awareness about treatment and technological advancement is driving the growth of market.
- Increase in the rate of R&D initiatives is driving Liver Cirrhosis disease drug
- Effective treatment is either unavailable or unaffordable.
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs is expected to restrain the growth if the market.
- Lack of awareness among the patient and physician about Liver Cirrhosis disease
Segmentation: Global Liver Cirrhosis Drug Market
By Site of Origin Type
- Hepatitis C-related Cirrhosis
- Alcoholic Cirrhosis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
By Stage Type
- Compensated cirrhosis
- Decompensated cirrhosis
By Drug Type
- Ursodeoxycholic acid
- Obeticholic acid
- Healthy Diet
- Weight loss
By Route of administration
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2018, Dova Pharmaceuticals received the FDA approval Doptelet (avatrombopag), which previously received priority review for the treatment of the thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic liver disease (CLD). Doptelet is thrombopoietin receptor agonists which regulates the normal platelet production.
- In May 2016, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received FDA accelerated approval for Ocaliva alone or, in combination with ursodeoxycholic acid for patient who are unable to tolerate ursodeoxycholic acid for the treatment of primary biliary cholangitis (PBC).
Competitive Analysis: Global Liver Cirrhosis Drug Market
Global liver cirrhosis drugs market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of liver cirrhosis drugs market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global Liver Cirrhosis Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global liver cirrhosis drug market are, Gilead Sciences, Inc., Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Dova Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Mylan N.V, Sanofi S.A, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, AbbVie Inc and among others.
Research Methodology: Global Liver Cirrhosis Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global liver cirrhosis drugs market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)