Market Analysis: Global Lyme Disease Drug Market
Global lyme disease drug market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increase in prevalence cases of lyme disease and accelerating demand for novel therapies may increase the market size.
Market Definition: Global Lyme Disease Drug Market
Lyme disease is a serious infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi of bacterial spices spirochete. The infections enter through the infected ticks that host in human body and travel via bloodstream and causes wide range of symptoms depending upon the stages. The patient may experience fever, rash, arthritis, fatigue, headache and swollen lymph nodes. Rise in prevalence cases of lyme infected patients, widespread of domestic pets lover and increasing demands of available treatment are the drivers of market growth.
According to the patient data published in Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Dec 2019, it is identified that there were 42,743 patients affected with Lyme disease in 2017 which was a 17.0 % increase from 2016. Advances in antibiotics medication, vulnerable population of lyme disease and increasing need of launching novel therapies create significant rise in market growth.
- Rise in prevalence cases of lyme infected patients
- Widespread of domestic pets lover as animals are the main carrier of this infection
- Demands of available treatment and novel therapies
- Effective treatment is either unavailable or unaffordable
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs is expected to restrain the growth if the market
- Lack of awareness among the patient and physician about lyme disease treatment
Segmentation: Global Lyme Disease Drug Market
By Disease Type
- Lyme carditis
- Lyme arthritis
- Neurologic Lyme disease
- Borrelial lymphocytosis
- Post-treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome
By Treatment Type
- Tick removal
By Drug Type
- Cefuroxime axetil
- Ceftriaxone and
By Route of administration
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- On December 2018, Valneva SE has initiated Phase II trial for VLA15, a vaccine for the treatment of lyme infections.
- On July 2017, Valneva SE received Fast Track designation from the FDA for VLA15, a vaccine for the treatment of lyme infections. VLA15 acts on the outer surface protein A (OspA) of Borrelia bacterium.
Competitive Analysis: Global Lyme Disease Drug Market
Global lyme disease drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of lyme disease market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global Lyme Disease Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the lyme disease market are Lupin Pharmaceuticals , Mylan N.V , Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd , Pfizer Inc , Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd , GlaxoSmithKline Plc (Valneva SE (Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, G&W Laboratories, Inc., Sandoz International GmbH, Abbott, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Canon U.S.A., Inc., T2 Biosystems, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. () and among others.
Research Methodology: Global Lyme Disease Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global lyme disease drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players