Global Maternal Blood Test Market By Type (Combined First Trimester Screening, Second Trimester Maternal Serum Screening), Tested Conditions (Edwards Syndrome, Patau Syndrome, Down syndrome, Neural Tube Defects), End- User (Diagnostic Laboratories, Hospitals), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Maternal Blood Test Market
Global maternal blood test market is set to witness a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing demand for non- invasive prenatal testing and rising risk of chromosomal abnormalities in babies are the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Maternal Blood Test Market
Maternal blood test is a kind of a prenatal screening test. These screening tests provide an assessment of the likelihood of a pregnancy being impacted by a chromosome disorder or certain behavioral issues, but do not provide a definite diagnosis. The main aim of this test is to make sure that baby is not having any chromosome condition such as Down syndrome. These tests also have the ability to provide more information about pregnancy health. There are two kinds of test such as combined first trimester screening and second trimester maternal serum screening.
- Increasing risk of chromosomal abnormalities with rising maternal age will drive this market growth
- Rising programs focusing on awareness of NIPT boost the growth of the market
- Improving reimbursement scenario of NIPT also acts as a market driver
- Technological advancement and development of new advanced technologies is also uplifting the market growth
- Lack of skilled and trained professional will also restrict the growth of this market in the forecast period
- Strict regulatory guidelines and ethical hurdles will also hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Maternal Blood Test Market
- Combined First Trimester Screening
- Second Trimester Maternal Serum Screening
By Tested Conditions
- Edwards Syndrome
- Patau Syndrome
- Down Syndrome
- Neural Tube Defects
By End- User
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2019, BillionToOne announced the launch of their UNITY which is a blood designed to diagnose hereditary diseases in fetuses. UNITY, tests cell-free fetal DNA to help diagnose cystic fibrosis (CF), spinal muscle atrophy, sickle cell disease, and thalassemias. UNITY hopes to tackle problem by testing fetal DNA discovered in the mother's blood at very low concentrations
- In May 2016, SYNLAB announced the launch of their new neoBona test in UK. neoBona is the new generation prenatal screening and also offers more accuracy to expectant mothers and prevents unnecessary invasive testing of women. They also have the ability to detect the chromosomal abnormalities by analyzing the fetal DNA present in the mother’s blood
Global maternal blood test market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of maternal blood test market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global maternal blood test market are CENTOGENE AG, Sequenom., Natera, Inc., LifeLabs Genetics, Progenity, Inc., Sema4, Invitae Corporation., Illumina, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY, PerkinElmer, Agilent Technologies, Inc, BGI., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, YOURGENE HEALTH, Eurofins Scientific, EKF Diagnostics, NiftyTest, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Maternal Blood Test Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global maternal blood test market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)