Global Optical Coherence Tomography Market By Type, ( OCT, Frequency domain oct, Spatial encoded frequency domain, (oct ,Spectral domain oct), Applications (( Age-related macular degeneration, Central serous retinopathy, Diabetic retinopathy, Macular edema, Macular hole, Macular pucker, Vitreomacular traction, Pre-retinal membranes, others.), organization size (Small and medium-sized enterprises, Large enterprises), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Optical Coherence Tomography Market
Global Optical Coherence Tomography Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 1.36 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 3.20 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 11.3% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing demand for the Internet.
Market Definition: Global Optical Coherence Tomography Market
Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is an imaging technique that uses low-coherence light to capture micrometer-resolution, two- and three-dimensional images from optical scattering media. These systems are used in applications of, including art conservation and diagnostic medicine, notably in ophthalmology and optometry where it can be used to obtain detailed images from within the retina
According to World Health Organization, 51% of world blindness(20 million people) is due to cataract in 2010., almost more than half of these cases could have been avoided with the availability of proper medical equipment and devices for healthcare procedures. This significant number is expected to act as a driver to the market growth.
- High demand to minimize capital expenses and demand to increase in it resources is going to act as a driving agent for the market.
- There is an Increasing demand for the Internet that is going to act as a driving agent for the market.
- There is an increase in R&D for Bandwidth- Applications that is going to act as a driving agent for the market.
- Evolving Standards for the industry is going to restrain the growth of this market.
Segmentation: Global Optical Coherence Tomography Market
- By Type,
- frequency domain OCT
- spatial encoded frequency domain
- spectral domain OCT
- By Applications
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Central serous retinopathy
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Macular edema
- Macular hole
- Macular pucker
- Vitreomacular traction
- Pre-retinal membranes
- By Organization Size
- Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, DeepMind Technologies developed an algorithm that can scans eye far faster and accurately as some leading experts. It is the first medical field to be transformed by AI.
- In April 2019 Georgetown University Medical Center and Massachusetts Institute of Technology published a report that shows using optical coherence tomography to image potential donor kidneys could help narrow the gap between kidney supply and demand. It will Increases use of OCT in a clinical setting, image analysis
Competitive Analysis: Global Optical Coherence Tomography Market
Global Optical coherence tomography market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of optical coherence tomography market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Optical Coherence Tomography Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the Optical coherence tomography market are
Bausch & Lomb Incorporated (U.S), Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc (U.S) , F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Switzerland), Essilor France) , Imalux Corporation (US), Axsun Technologies (U.S), Topcon Corporation (US), Avinger (US), Agfa Healthcare(Belgium) , Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (Germany), Heidelberg Engineering GmbH (Germany), Michelson Diagnostics (UK), Novacam Technologies Inc. (Canada), OPTOPOL Technology ., CooperVision AG (Poland), Abbott Medical Optics, Inc (US)., Alcon, Inc (US)., Canon Inc. (Japan), HAAG-Streit Group (Switzerland), Hoya Corporation (Japan), NIDEK CO., LTD. (JAPAN).
Research Methodology: Global Optical Coherence Tomography Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global optical coherence tomography market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)