Global Optical Fiber Cable Market By Mode (Single Mode, Multi-mode), Mode of Transaction (Glass Optical Fiber, Plastic Optical Fiber), Industry Vertical (Telecom & IT, Public Sector, Healthcare, Energy & Utilities, Aerospace & Defense, Manufacturing, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Optical Fiber Cable Market
Global Optical Fiber Cable Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 3881.72 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 9366.62 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 11.64% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing demand of fiber to the home (FTTH) connectivity is the major factor driving the market.
Market Definition: Global Optical Fiber Cable Market
Optical fiber cable consist of glass or plastic threads which are usually used to carry electricity. They usually convert the digital data signals into the electric signal and can cover more distance as compared to the electrical communication cables. To avoid the leakage, these cables are covered with transparent silicon. These cables are widely used in industries like healthcare, aerospace, manufacturing etc.
- Increasing usage 5G technology is driving the growth of this market
- Technological advancement and development in the optical fibre cable is driving the market
- High funding cost is restraining the market
- Increasing demand for wireless communication system is restraining the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Optical Fiber Cable Market
- By Mode
- Single Mode
- By Mode of Transaction
- Glass Optical Fiber
- Plastic Optical Fiber
- By Industry Vertical
- Telecom & IT
- Public Sector
- Energy & Utilities
- Aerospace & Defense
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2018, Corning Incorporated announced the launch of their new cable manufacturing facility in North Caroline so that they can expand their Optical Communications business. The main aim is to provide the customer high quality optical fibre and meet their demand for high-speed connectivity and data storage.
- In March 2018, Finisar announced the launch of their several new products like two 50G SFP56 transceiver, 400G QSFP-DD LR8 and FR8 transceivers, a 100G serial QSFP28 transceiver, a 400G QSFP-DD active optical cable at optical networking and communication conference and exhibition. These new devices are specially designed to increase the port density, bandwidth and channel capacity.
Global optical fiber cable market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares optical fiber cable market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in optical fiber cable market are Fujikura Ltd., Corning Incorporated, Sterlite Technologies Limited., FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD., Prysmian Group, Finisar Corporation, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., NEXANS, Reflex Photonics Inc., Tata Communications., Tongding Group Co., Ltd., CommScope, FIBERHOME, Jiangsu Zhongtian Technology Co., Ltd., Belden Inc., Finolex Cables.
Research Methodology: Global Optical Fiber Cable Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved