Global Optical Imaging Market By Product (Imaging Systems, Cameras, Optical Imaging Software, Illumination Systems, Lenses, Other Optical Imaging Products), Technique (Optical Coherence Tomography, Near-Infrared Spectroscopy, Hyperspectral Imaging, Photoacoustic Tomography, Diffused optical tomography, Super resolution microscopy), Therapeutic Area (Ophthalmology, Oncology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Neurology, Dentistry, Others), Application (Pre-clinical and clinical research, Pathological Imaging, Intra-Operative Imaging), End User (Hospitals and Clinics, Research Laboratories, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Diagnostic Imaging Centers), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Optical Imaging Market
Global optical imaging market is registering a healthy CAGR of 12.60% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market value can be attributed to the surging incidence of eye disorders and continuous advancement of technologies.
Market Definition: Global Optical Imaging Market
Optical imaging is the method used to capture non-invasively images of the inner body components. For the accurate picture of internal organs and tissues, visible light and photons are used. It also requires pictures of cells and molecules from larger structures. These pictures are used for the diagnosis and therapy of illnesses by physicians and for various study works by researchers as well.
- Surging incidence of eye disorders, is driving the market growth
- Continuous technological advancement, is helping the market growth
- Increasing demand to minimize the use of radiation technologies, is flourishing the market growth
- Affordable clinical trials, also helps in growth of the market
- Strict policies of government, will act as market restraint
- Lack of skilled professionals, hampers the market growth
- Expensive imaging process, hinders the market growth
Segmentation: Global Optical Imaging Market
- Imaging Systems
- Optical Imaging Systems
- Spectral Imaging Systems
- Optical Imaging Software
- Illumination Systems
- Other Optical Imaging Products
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Near-Infrared Spectroscopy
- Hyperspectral Imaging
- Photoacoustic Tomography
- Diffused optical tomography
- Super resolution microscopy
By Therapeutic Area
- Pathological Imaging
- Intra-Operative Imaging
- Pre-clinical and clinical research
By End User
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Research Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, MILabs has introduced Duet Optical Imaging. This can be used widely, including 2D imaging, X-ray CT platform, translational optical, 3D optical tomography, and many more. It is adaptable, scalable, and more productive.
- In September 2014, PerkinElmer Inc. has introduced Solaris Optical Imaging System. This preclinical solution is to be used in large and tiny animal studies which will assist in the development and validation of molecular-guided surgical study protocols to promote drug discovery and translational research.
Global optical imaging market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of optical imaging market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global optical imaging market are Abbott, Carl Zeiss AG, Leica Microsystems, TOPCON CORPORATION, Canon Inc., Heidelberg Engineering GmbH, Headwall Photonics, Inc., Optovue, Incorporated, PerkinElmer Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Agfa-Gevaert Group, Medtronic, Raytheon Company, ChemImage Corporation, CytoViva, Inc., Aseoptics, VOLCANO CORPORATION, Michelson Diagnostics Ltd., Optical Imaging Ltd., NIDEK CO., LTD among others.
Research Methodology: Global Optical Imaging Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global optical imaging market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)