Global Optical Measurement Market, By Offering (Hardware, Software, Services), By Device (Autocollimators, Microscopes, Projectors, Digitizers and Scanners and others) By End User (Automobiles, aerospace and defense, Energy and power, electronics and communication and others), By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East & Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Optical Measurement Market
The Global Optical Measurement Market accounted for USD 3.27 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8 % during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Optical Measurement Market
Optical measurement is collection of measurement using the optical sensors. Non-invasiveness is the main advantage of optical measurement. Optical sensors used in optical measurement are quite sensitive because of that ultra-fine movement of the particle is also observed because of that. The main disadvantage of the optical measurement id that the optical measurement cannot address the errors which humans would be able to address. LED industry based on the optical measurement. Standard integrating sphere calibration procedures accurately measure the optical properties of LEDs. GapGun device manufactured by Third Dimension used in the optical measurement that uses the laser triangulation technology. In March 2018, Zygo launched the next-generation 3D optical profilers with advances in data acquisition, speed, sensitivity and intelligent operation. By launch of this product the company had had expanded its product portfolio in the optical measurement market. In February 2018, Nikon enters into business transfer agreement to coordinate measuring machine business. Through this agreement Nikon decided to focus optical 3D Metrology and X-ray/CT inspection systems solutions. In January 2018, Nikon entered into business agreement with advanced cell technology. In this agreement Nikon will use its optical and image analysis technology.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints
- Optical measuring system is used for inspection and process control.
- Conventional techniques used in measurement are hand gauges, touch probes, optical comparators, or microscopes.
- Improving accuracy on measuring of physical properties of a product
- Increased operational efficacy in a cost-effective
- Increase in demand of 3D metrology services.
- Increase in advocacy of optical measurement solutions
- Increase in R&D infrastructure of optical measuring system.
Market Segmentation: Global Optical Measurement Market
- The global optical measurement market is segmented based on offering, technology, dimension, end-user and geographical segments.
- Based on offering, the market is segmented into hardware, software and services.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into machine vision, NDT and metrology. NDT are sub segmented into visual inspection, radiography, ultrasonic and eddy current.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into electronics and measuring microscope, profile projector, ODS, CMM, and VMM and others.
- On the basis of method, the market is segmented into extrinsic - optical coherence tomography, encoders, laser doppler velocimetry ,pyrometers, fabry-perot interferometers ,spectroscopy , intrinsic - scattering based, raman ,rayleigh, brillouin ,fiber braggs grating (fbg) based ,point fbg based, spatially continuous base.
- Based on geography, the global optical measurement market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Landscape: Global Optical Measurement Market
The global optical measurement market is consolidated due to the presence of limited number of players concentrated in few countries. These major players have adopted various organic as well as inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, and others to strengthen their position in this market.
Major Market Competitors: Global Optical Measurement Market
Top players operating in the market consist of Nikon Instruments Inc., Hexagon Metrology Inc., GOM mbH, Mitutoyo Corporation, FARO Technologies, KLA-Tencor Corporation, Quality Vision International Pvt. Ltd., Nova Measuring Instruments Ltd., Steinbichler Optotechnik GmbH, Nanometrics Incorporated, Breuckmann GmbH, Perceptron Inc., ST Industries Inc., Creaform, and Micro-Vu Corp, Third Dimension, Zygo, Vision Engineering Ltd, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG among others.
Research Methodology: Global Optical Measurement Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.