Global Polyurethane Additives Market By Type (Catalyst, Surfactants, Fillers, Others), Application (Foam, Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants, Elastomers, Binders, TPU, Others), End-Use Industry (Building & Construction, Bedding & Furniture, Automotive & Transportation, Insulated Appliances, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Polyurethane Additives Market
Global Polyurethane Additives Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 2.31 billion in 2018 to a projected value of USD 3.74 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.17% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to growth in demand for technologically innovative and advanced products.
Market Definition: Global Polyurethane Additives Market
Polyurethane additives are additional compounds that are added to polyurethane polymer to increase their overall performance, such as affecting the processing speed, stability of the polymer, as well as increasing the characteristics of the polymer like enhanced insulation, and other characteristics.
- Increasing levels of urbanization and industrialization resulting in growth in demand for the product from building & construction industry
- Growth in demand for eco-friendly products amid growing concerns for the environment; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Vulnerable nature of raw material prices resulting in fluctuations of raw material prices; this factor is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Polyurethane Additives Market
- By Type
- Tertiary Amines
- Ethylene Amines
- Metal Based Catalyst
- Silicone Surfactant
- Non-Silicone Surfactant
- Abrasion Reducers
- Blowing Agents
- Flame Retardants
- By Application
- Rigid Foam
- Flexible Foam
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Thermoset Adhesives
- Thermoplastic Adhesives
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU)
- By End-Use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Bedding & Furniture
- Automotive & Transportation
- Insulated Appliances
- Materials & Packaging
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2017, The Dow Chemical Company announced the launch of new polyurethane additives produced by using the technology of Dow Corning Polyurethane Additives (PUA) which will be sold under “VORASURF” brand name. These additives will help in meeting the specific demand of the consumers from building & construction and consumer goods markets.
- In September 2016, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. announced the launch of number of new additives and catalyst solutions for polyurethane foam applications, which will be presented at the “Center for the Polyurethanes Industry’s (CPI) annual Technical Conference held from September 26-28, 2016 in Maryland, United States.
Global polyurethane additives market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of polyurethane additives market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently present in the polyurethane additives market are Kao Corporation; Momentive; Tosoh Corporation; Evonik Industries AG; BASF SE; Huntsman International LLC; Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.; Albemarle Corporation; The Dow Chemical Company; Eastman Chemical Company; Covestro AG; Braskem; Emery Oleochemicals; Wanhua Chemical Group Co.,Ltd.; Honeywell International Inc; LANXESS; Saudi Arabian Oil Co.; Cortec Corporation; Geo Specialty Chemicals, Inc.; HANKUCK LATICES CO.,LTD.; Wacker Chemie AG; Materia, Inc.; Kolon Industries, Inc.; ICL; PetroActive; SOLTEX; Nisshinbo Holdings Inc. and Owensboro Specialty Polymers, Inc.
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved