Global Rigid Packaging Market, By Material (Metals, Glass, Bioplastics, Paper & Paperboard, Plastics, Wood), Application (Personal Care, Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Others), Product Type (Cans, Aerosol Containers, Bottles, Cups, Corrugated Cases, Boxes, Trays, Jars), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Rigid Packaging Market
Global Rigid Packaging Market is expected to grow from its initial estimated value of USD 535.78 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 870.19 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.25% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growth of the various end-users in the market resulting in increased demand for the product.
Market Definition: Global Rigid Packaging Market
Rigid packaging is a variant of packaging that involves the usage of high strength, sustainable packaging methods such as bioplastics, paper & paperboard, wood, metals. This type of packaging helps in keeping the contents of the package safe and secure, protecting the contents from the various harmful external factors. This type is majorly used for in the transportation of the products as it keeps these contents safe over a longer period of time.
- Rise in disposable income and commercialization of food & beverages industry has resulted in the rise of consumption of convenience foods which is one of the major usage of rigid packaging methods, this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Growth of the e-commerce industry has resulted in high demand for the product which is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Rise in adoption of flexible and other cheaper available & suitable packaging methods is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Rigid Packaging Market
- By Material
- Paper & Paperboard
- By Application
- Personal Care
- Food & Beverages
- Electronics & Electrical
- Chemicals & Petrochemicals
- By Product Type
- Aerosol Containers
- Corrugated Cases
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, ALPLA announced that they had completed the acquisition of Argo SA. With the completion of this acquisition ALPLA has the capabilities to provide packaging solutions to the pharmaceutical industry and also the production capabilities in Greece.
- In November 2017, Sirap Group announced that they had completed the acquisition of Kama Europe Limited and Reynolds Food Packaging Spain S.L.U. With the completion of this acquisition Sirap Group expects to complement its rigid packaging product portfolio.
Competitive Analysis: Global Rigid Packaging Market
Global rigid packaging market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of rigid packaging market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Rigid Packaging Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the rigid packaging market are Amcor Limited, COVERIS, Reynolds, Berry Global Inc., ALPLA, Sonoco Products Company, Sealed Air, Silgan Holdings Inc., Plastipak Holdings Inc., Consolidated Container Company, BALL CORPORATION, DS Smith, Georgia-Pacific, Holmen Group, Mondi, Sirap Group, Tetra Pak International S.A., WestRock Company, RESILUX NV and Ardagh Group S.A.
Research Methodology: Global Rigid Packaging Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete market analysis and forecasting
- Market definition, understanding the concept of rigid packaging
- Market drivers and restraints of the industry
- Market segmentations and market share divided amongst them
- Key players in the market and their analysis