Global Robot Assisted PCI Market By Products (Robotic Systems, Instruments, Accessories), End User (Hospitals, Cath Labs), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Robotic assisted PCI system helps for minimally invasive treatment of coronary artery disease (CAD). It gives lesser pain to patients for the treatment of coronary artery disease (CAD). Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) is treated by robotic assistance, in this surgeon operates via joysticks and touchscreen to control the physician movement.
Firstly the PCI procedure was performed in Zurich, in September 1977, by Andreas Gruentzig, a Swiss radiologist. In 1977, PCI procedure was known as percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty. In the early phase this procedure gets less success due to risks associated with the use of large guide catheters that could easily rupture the vessel and large balloon catheters with low burst pressure points. In 1986, this technology gets improved and used in most of the coronary interventions. Currently this PCI technology is known as percutaneous coronary intervention and nowadays the procedure of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) is operated by robotic assisted system, the robotic surgical system is the latest development in minimally invasive medical technology.
Global robot assisted PCI market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 36.8% in the forecast period 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Global Robot Assisted PCI Market
Global robot assisted PCI market is segmented into two notable segments which are products and end user.
- On the basis of products, the market is segmented into robotic systems, instruments, and accessories.
- In July 2019, Corindus, Inc. announced that Albert Einstein Jewish Hospital (Brazil) becomes the first hospital in South America that implants CorPath GRX System in their hospital for the robotic assisted percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). After this implementation, the company expands their business in South America.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, cath labs.
- In August 2012, Koninklijke Philips N.V. and Corindus, Inc. announced an agreement to sell Corindus’ CorPath 200 System in the United States. It is a first robotic-assisted system for the minimally invasive treatment of obstructed coronary arteries. After announcing this, the company enhances their credibility in the market.
Competitive Analysis: Global Robot Assisted PCI Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Corindus, Inc., Robocath
- In June 2018, Corindus, Inc. has received Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Agency (PMDA) clearance of CorPath GRX PCI System in Japan. It offers a significant step in bringing cutting-edge vascular robotics to worldwide markets.
- In September 2017, Corindus, Inc. has opened its first international Robotic Center of CorPath GRX in Tokyo, Japan. In the month of July, the CorPath GRX Systems shipped to Japan Medicalnext and used its newly constructed robotic center according to the regulation of Japan. The development results in turning point for patients and physicians in the process of conducting precision vascular robotics in Japan and around the world.
Research Methodology: Global Robot Assisted PCI Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Doctors, Healthcare Professionals, Researchers, Distributors, and Industrialists.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.