Global Silicon Carbide Market (SiC) By Device (SIC Discrete Devices, SIC Bare Die), Wafer Size (2 Inch, 4 Inch, 6-Inch and Above), Application (RF Device & Cellular Base Station, Power Grid Device, Flexible Ac Transmission Systems, High-Voltage, Direct Current, Power Supply and Inverter, Lighting Control, Industrial Motor Drive, Flame Detector, EV Motor Drive, EV Charging, Electronic Combat System, Wind Energy, Solar Energy, Others), Vertical (Telecommunication, Energy & Power, Automotive, Renewable Power Generation, Defense, Power Electronics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Silicon Carbide Market
Global silicon carbide market (SiC) is to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market value can be attributed to capability of SIC in Semiconductor to Perform at high voltage & power and high temperature.
Market Definition: Global Silicon Carbide Market
Silicon carbide acts as a steel production deoxidizing agent. To generate huge amounts of hot steel together with steel scrap, it is primarily dissolved in oxygen furnace. In contrast to silicomanganese or ferrosilicon, the low sulfur, aluminum and nitrogen content of the item which leads it to a cost-effective material. Silicon carbide has three times the band gap, three times the thermal conductivity, and ten times the critical strength of the electric field compared to silicon.
- Capability of SIC to perform at high voltage & power and high temperature in semiconductor is driving the growth of the market
- Surging preference for motor drives in lining SIC-based devices is helping the market to grow
- Use of SIC device in cellular base station and RF is flourishing the market growth
- Various supporting rules and regulations of government drives the market growth
- Less tolerance and high accuracy in component manufacturing hinders the market growth
- Suring preference for GAN over SIC restricts the growth of the market
- High cost of SIC devices hampers the market growth
Segmentation: Global Silicon Carbide Market
- SIC Discrete Devices
- SIC Mosfet
- SIC Diode
- SIC Module
- SIC Bare Die
By Wafer Size
- 2 Inch
- 4 Inch
- 6-Inch and Above
- RF Device & Cellular Base Station
- Power Grid Device
- Flexible Ac Transmission Systems (Facts)
- High-Voltage, Direct Current (HVCD)
- Power Supply and Inverter
- Lighting Control
- Industrial Motor Drive
- Flame Detector
- EV Motor Drive
- EV Charging
- Electronic Combat System
- Wind Energy
- Solar Energy
- Energy & Power
- Renewable Power Generation
- Power Electronics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In May 2019, OpenGate Capital has completely acquired silicon carbon division from Saint-Gobain. This firm will be renamed as Fiven A/S. This purchase will help in company’s expansion and will increase revenue.
- In January 2019, Cree, Inc. has partnered with STMicroelectronics and signed silicon carbide wafer supply agreement. This collaboration involves the supply of Cree’s epitaxial wafers and advanced 150mm silicon carbide bare to STMicroelectronics. This collaboration will help to grow SiC business.
Global silicon carbide market (SiC) is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of silicon carbide market (SiC) for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global silicon carbide market (SiC) are Infineon Technologies AG, Cree, Inc., ROHM SEMICONDUCTOR, STMicroelectronics, TOSHIBA CORPORATION, GENERAL ELECTRIC, Saint-Gobain, Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., Renesas Electronics Corporation, Dow, GeneSiC Semiconductor Inc., Global Power Technologies Group, Microsemi, Central Semiconductor Corp., SANKEN ELECTRIC CO.,LTD., Bruckewell Technology Corp Taiwan, Ascatron AB, Littelfuse, Inc., Graphensic, Norstel AB, United Silicon Carbide Inc. , among others.
Research Methodology: Global Silicon Carbide Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved