Global Small-Scale LNG Market By Type (Liquefaction Terminal, Regasification Terminal), Application (Heavy-Duty Vehicles, Marine Transport, Industrial & Power, Utilities, Residential), Modes of Supply (Trucks, Trans- Shipment and Bunkering, Captive Consumption through Pipeline & Rail), Infrastructure (Truck Fuelling Stations, Bunkering Vessels, Bunker Barge, Bunkering Terminals, Storage Hubs, LNG Storage, Regas Facilities, Truck-To-Ship Bunkering, LNG Trailers), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Small-Scale LNG Market
Global Small-Scale LNG Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 29.31 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 49.66 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.81% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing demand for the LNG is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Small-Scale LNG Market
The small scale LNG is especially used for the places where there is less production of LNG and they also don’t require large plants. They usually use tanker, ships and trucks. These small LNG has production capacity of 500000 TPY and are usually used where there is requirement of LNG by the consumers. Increasing demand of LNG in marine and heavy transport is the major factor for the growth of this market.
- Increasing demand of LNG in marine is driving the market
- Low cost of LNG as compared to other energy sources is driving the market
- The high cost of the supply chain is restraining the market
- Less number of terminal infrastructures is restraining the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Small-Scale LNG Market
- By Type
- Liquefaction Terminal
- Regasification Terminal
- By Application
- Heavy-Duty Vehicles
- Marine Transport
- Industrial & Power
- By Modes of Supply
- Trans- Shipment and Bunkering
- Captive Consumption through Pipeline & Rail
- By Infrastructure
- Truck Fuelling Stations
- Bunkering Vessels
- Bunker Barge
- Bunkering Terminals
- Storage Hubs
- LNG Storage
- Regas Facilities
- Truck-To-Ship Bunkering
- LNG Trailers
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, Novatek announced the launch of their new small- scale LNG plant at Baltic Sea which has a capacity of 660,000 tonnes of the frozen gas per year and will expand it to 800,000 tonnes by 2021. It is the first cargo of liquefied natural gas as per the contractor Atomtekhenergo.
- In November 2018, Edison announced the launch of their first Italy first integrated logistics chain of small scale LNG along with PIR (Petrolifera Italiana Rumena). It will have storage capacity of 20,000 cubic meters of LNG and will come into operation in 2021.
Global small- scale LNG market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of small- scale LNG market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in small- scale LNG market are Linde plc, Wärtsilä, Honeywell International Inc, GENERAL ELECTRIC, ENGIE, Gazprom, Sofregaz Company, Dresser-Rand, , Excelerate Energy. L. P., Cryostar, Equinor ASA, PT Pertamina(Persero), Eni, Total, Gasum Oy, Kunlun Energy Company Limited, Royal Dutch Shell, BP p.l.c.
Research Methodology: Global Small-Scale LNG Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved