Global Stents Market By Product (Coronary Stents, Peripheral Stents, Stent-Related Implants), Biomaterial (Metallic Biomaterials, Polymeric Biomaterials, Natural Biomaterials), End User (Hospital, Cardiac Centers, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Stents Market
Global stents market is registering a substantial CAGR of 6.85% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market can be attributed due to the surging acquisition of minimally invasive techniques with surging rate of cardiovascular surgeries and restless lifestyle coupled with rising elderly and obese population base is expected to drive the market.
Market Definition: Global Stents Market
Stents are the fiber or metal tubes which are inserted into the lumen to keep the pathway open. This process is known as stenting. It is used for various purposes such as opening of blood vessels at the time of procedures and is used by hospitals, clinics, and cardiac centers. Stents are classified into coronary stents, peripheral stunts, and stents-related implants. The stent size and material depends on which body part it is going to be used. Due to rising incidences of various diseases due to rising elderly population has risen the demand for stent globally.
- The surge in the obese and elderly population has driven the market growth
- The rising prevalence of chronic diseases has boosted the market growth
- The various innovations in the field of stunts is propelling the market growth
- Healthcare infrastructure in the developing countries has improved which contributes to market growth
- The insurance and reimbursement has improved which fuels the market growth
- The stents implants treatment cost is high which restrict the market growth
- The compliances and stringent approval for stents hinders the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Stents Market
- Coronary Stents
- Drug-Eluting Stents (des)
- Bare-Metal Coronary Stents
- Bioabsorbable Stents
- Peripheral Stents
- Iliac Stents
- Femoral-Popliteal Stents
- Renal & Related Stents
- Carotid Stents
- Stent-Related Implants
- Synthetic Grafts
- Vena Cava Filters
- Metallic Biomaterials
- Polymeric Biomaterials
- Natural Biomaterials
By End User
- Cardiac Centers
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, Olympus had launched HANAROSTENT self-expanding metal stents (SEMS). It is easily placed under fluoroscopic and endoscopic guidance so that the patency is restored with a design that minimizes the migration risk. It is efficient as well as it provides the clinical value and economic value. This product launch has expanded the company product portfolio and the benefit associated with the product will position the company as a market leader.
- In February 2018, Medtronic had launched First 2.0 mm Drug-Eluting Stent in the U.S. designed to treat patients with small vessels. It enables cardiologists to diagnose patients of small vessels with coronary artery disease (CAD). This product launch will expand the product portfolio and will position the company as an innovator in the stent market.
Stents market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of stents market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global stents market are, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Abbott, Medtronic, Boston Scientific Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., BD, Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Elixir Medical Corporation, MicroPort Scientific Corporation, STENTYS SA, Biosensors International Group, Ltd., Vascular Concept, Cook, Hexacath, Terumo Corporation, MICRO-TECH Europe, Teleflex Incorporated, Merit Medical Systems, Novatech SA, and Fuji Systems among others.
Research Methodology: Global Stents Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global stents market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)